Defense line for the match agaisnt Celta Vigo?

Guest zeta87

Newcastle have a defensive crisis on their hands ahead of this week's Uefa Cup tie with Celta Vigo.

Craig Moore has joined Steven Carr and Celestine Babayaro on the sidelines after picking up a hamstring problem in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Arsenal.

It leaves Magpies boss Glenn Roeder with Titus Bramble, Peter Ramage and Steven Taylor as his only fit defenders.

Roeder accepts that his options for Celta Vigo are extremely limited following the injury to Moore.

"It looks as though Craig has damaged a hamstring and so the six defenders that I have got have become three," said Roeder.

"Thursday will be interesting."

[Taken from Sky Sports]

Our paper thin squad became even thinner we are only left with taylor, ramage and bramble.

Guess roeder would now be moaning why on earth he didnt sign a defender in the summer..  :roll:

What do you guys think our defense line would like in the next match against Celta Vigo?

I say put Duff as a left back so it would look like..

-------------------------------------------

Duff - Bramble - Taylor - Ramage

-------------------------------------------

Time to give Zoggy his left wing starting opportunity, huh?

given

taylor bramble ramage

butt

milner  parker emre  n'zogbia

luque  siberiski

subs:

krul

huntington

solano

dyer

martins

thats what i'd like to see anyways. and duff is out for maybe a few weeks, not sure yet.

given

taylor bramble ramage

butt

milner  parker emre  n'zogbia

luque  siberiski

subs:

krul

huntington

solano

dyer

martins

thats what i'd like to see anyways. and duff is out for maybe a few weeks, not sure yet.

Krul is injured.

ah shit...umm...whats his name....forester? the academy keeper? or is harper able to make the bench before surgery? if not, luque's a big man, and this may be the only chance he can get.

given

taylor bramble ramage

butt

milner parker emre n'zogbia

luque siberiski

subs:

krul

huntington

solano

dyer

martins

Duff is out too? My lord.. =(

Guest theunis

Yeah Rouder cant be complaining, because we needed a defender big time and he didnt get one in, i am not counting Olivier, because he knew he would not play because he was unfit why we didnt get one is beyond me, but other hand we dont know what goes on behind closed dores. Think time Huntington will make the step up thursday!