Just intrigued on peoples opinion!

Guest Blood
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keegan: gone mad, pretty much out of the game altogether now. Did nowt since he left us.

Shearer: Unknown as to whether he'll ever make it as a manager.

People need to stop being romantic. It's not a realistic prospect and it's not a good one either.

Who came up with the "Shearer:  Does he want it?" title on the main site btw?  What next?  "Shearer:  Would he get it?" :lol:

:lol:

I'd say yes. Shepherd won't leave without appointing Shearer, let's get it out of the way as soon as possible - Keegan could only help. And who knows, Shearer may turn out to be a decent manager.

Guest Gemmill

Who came up with the "Shearer:  Does he want it?" title on the main site btw?  What next?  "Shearer:  Would he get it?" :lol:

:lol:

I'd say yes. Shepherd won't leave without appointing Shearer, let's get it out of the way as soon as possible - Keegan could only help. And who knows, Shearer may turn out to be a decent manager.

So as far as you're concerned, Shearer would get it?

Who came up with the "Shearer: Does he want it?" title on the main site btw? What next? "Shearer: Would he get it?" :lol:

That was me. The Fast Show reference was deliberate, honest.

At the moment, the answer to 'would he get it' is a resounding 'yes'. He's Freddie's blue-eyed boy, and could have taken over after Robson if he'd wanted.

If there is a takeover, it'll be interesting to see whether they find some kind of role for Shearer. There has been talk of an ex-player joining the Board. If they have Shearer in mind, that would be a big mistake, because that could only undermine the manager's position IMO. With Shearer, he should either have a real job at the club, or clear off on to his own career path.

Guest GHoeberX

I voted no.

If Newcastle United respects itself it shouldn't let some rookie-manager use the club as playground. Get an experienced manager, not a newcomer like Shearer. Or do you think that Shearer is willing to be assistant next to Keegan?

I'd recommend Ruud Gullit. Already unemployed for some years; the best dutch footballer ever and also a very good coach.

Get Gullit!

Get Gullit!

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

Huh,wat!?..

so we can play sexy football all over again..don't think so :D

Guest Invicta_Toon

the thing is, who would be in charge?

Keegan shouldn't be as he's proved he can't hack it, leaving Shearer - thats a big ask of someone who's never managed

equal joint would be bollocks