Steven Taylor's Contract Situation

Taylor Swift

Not going well...

And his representative Paul Stretford told the Mail on Sunday: "It would not be right to go into specific details as I don't believe it would help the situation. Suffice to say matters are not progressing as I would like them to or would expect, but I am hopeful that there will be some movement in the near future.

"In the case of Steven it is typical of modern contract negotiations; they can become difficult and drawn-out. But from our point of view we are keen to try to conclude matters in the near future."

Taylor, for his part, added: "This is the club I have been at all my life. Last year we did a fantastic job getting the club back to where it belongs.

"The manager and his staff have done a great job and I hope they get enough support so that they can continue to move the club forward. I would love to be a part of that but first I need to get myself fit and back playing.

"I'm not going to comment on the stories about my contract talks. They are a matter for my agent and the club to sort out."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=814620&sec=england&cc=4716

If things were going well for us I think he'd struggle to get back into the squad and I can't see any of the top 8 going in for him. Most likely to end up at  Wigan or Fulham or Blackburn. Someone shit like that.

Guest malandro

I'm not in the Steven Taylor hate crew booyyyzzzzzzz massive gang club posse but I reckon we could get a better player in for the price he would fetch. Even in January.

Can you name one?

I'm not in the Steven Taylor hate crew booyyyzzzzzzz massive gang club posse but I reckon we could get a better player in for the price he would fetch. Even in January.

Can you name one?

Well he's just gone to Sunderland but Onuoha would have been one, he could be a possibility in the summer.

Guest malandro

Can you name one?

Well he's just gone to Sunderland but Onuoha would have been one, he could be a possibility in the summer.

Didn’t City want £6m for him? Can’t see ST fetching anywhere near that much in January.

Taylor is a decent proven PL defender. Not top class but generally solid and gives 100%. It’s become fashionable to bleet on about his finger pointing when it’s his ability that matters. We’d be very lucky to get anybody better for less than £5m.

Guest malandro

is his father still his agent?

No. So the supporters who have it in for ST will have to find another irrelevant stick to beat him with.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

is his father still his agent?

No. So the supporters who have it in for ST will have to find another irrelevant stick to beat him with.

I had heard it was one of the Shepards.

Hopefully we'll get him to sign an extension.

Not developed into the player I thought he might by this point, but he's still a decent Premiership player and is still only 24 years old so can still get a lot better.

Hopefully we'll get him to sign an extension.

Not developed into the player I thought he might by this point, but he's still a decent Premiership player and is still only 24 years old so can still get a lot better.

Yep. Even if we plan on selling him we need to sign him up or we'll have our pants pulled down.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Taylor is a good asset to the club and a future England player, I for one would love him to commit long term.

It was good to see him not mouthing off to the press and remaining dignified (anyone remember last time).

Still our best option at CB. Him and Sol are the only ones with real PL experience unless you count Colo's less than successful first season. I doubt anyone would be willing to pay big money for him in January anyway if he's going for nowt 6 months later.