BBC Football Coverage

Stu

Aside from the issue with the Spurs-supporting Caroline Cheese and her horrendous lack of knowledge of anything non-Tottenham/top-4 related combined with a glaring inability to form half-decent opinions, what has happened to the BBC's quality of football coverage?

It used to be pretty spot-on, in a bland non-biased way; however, they've got 'colour' journalists trying to make a story out of every event (particularly the tv and radio commentators) and they've ended up with some terribly biased 'reports'.

Where do they get their stats from? The ones used for our game last night are incorrect. Surely the world's best news service can find a way to gather accurate stats for the most watched league in the world?

Whereever they got it from, they were horrendously wrong.

Had us down as 2 shots on target, 2 off target. Carroll's header, he had two shots straight at the keeper, Xisco had a shot straight to keeper, as did Barton - that's five shots at least, four on target.

Whereever they got it from, they were horrendously wrong.

Had us down as 2 shots on target, 2 off target. Carroll's header, he had two shots straight at the keeper, Xisco had a shot straight to keeper, as did Barton - that's five shots at least, four on target.

Yep, that's exactly what we were laughing about in the pub (before Giggs scored we were ahead of them I think), couldn't believe the BBC could be so impartial/incorrect about something as simple as the match stats.

Thought the Beeb got their stats from the Press Association, but I might be wrong.

Aye, I thought that too. Strange that they should have such a different record than SKY/anyone who watched the match.

Guest schmuck

It's all terrible and deserves the same kind of hiding that itv's coverage, which at least has the grace to look cheap and nasty and not take itself overly seriously, gets

There seems to be a tremendous number of knackers that are employed to fill there site/programmes up with inane drivel.

Them two tossers in the bus round SA, Clem, Kevin Day, Motson, all the ones on the live score feed trying to make it 'exciting/funny' etc.

Meanwhile those with a bit of actual knowledge insight (Vickery for example) are used sparingly.

• 2 months later...

Diving header straight at Krul, and the shot he saved just before the goal. Can't remember anything else for him to do. Maybe a couple more somewhere but 8 is fucking ridiculous.

Hit the crossbar twice, but they're not shots on target so can't be counted.

Where do they get their stats from? The ones used for our game last night are incorrect. Surely the world's best news service can find a way to gather accurate stats for the most watched league in the world?

External company.

They assign one bloke to watch each game and press buttons every time certain things happen.

Mate of mine does it.

Guest Heneage

I wouldn't just blame the BBC for poor coverage, the majority of media in this country is below par and only focuses on the top four, then you have the likes of Louise Taylor who will no doubt do a horrendous write up for our game, her derby match report was so clearly written by someone with vested interest in the away team I couldn't be bother to leave a comment as it had already been highlighted by others.

I'd imagine with Colin Murray being a Liverpool fan tonight's MOTD2 will be an unbearable Liverpool centric production, with a minor mention of our game behind Manchester City and then 30 seconds to sum up yesterdays games,  bar of course another fantastic last second win for Manchester United.

It's all very boring to be honest, I'd rather see the most exciting games not 'the biggest' as the concept of how big a game is quite subjective.

I'd imagine with Colin Murray being a Liverpool fan tonight's MOTD2 will be an unbearable Liverpool centric production

Actually, Murray is a bit like Shearer in that he's careful not to focus on 'his club' too much. He did a bit on Fighting Talk last week when someone made a similar accusation to what you just have and he said that he puts sentiment to one side.

MOTD hasn't been a Liverpool centric show for a while now, even with Hansen and Lawro as the two main pundits.

BBCs text updates today were wholly slanted towards Arsenal not winning the game. We barely got the lickings of a dog off today's updates.