Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Poor distribution today. That's the one element of his game that has gone backwards since he signed. In the first few months after he signed, he was racking up a 90%+ accuracy rate for his passing. He's been nowhere near that for a while.

Such a warrior this guy.  I remember when he went off all strapped up and stretchered in the Chelsea game last season, only to want to come back on a few minutes later. :aww:

That was crazy shit. He looked destroyed, then he just wanders out and watches the game.

Very Incredible Hulk. If you can't take him out immediately, the worse your chances get against him.

The longer the fight goes on, the stronger he gets.

Aye, his two shows today were horrendous. Dat slice.

Such a warrior this guy.  I remember when he went off all strapped up and stretchered in the Chelsea game last season, only to want to come back on a few minutes later. :aww:

That was crazy shit. He looked destroyed, then he just wanders out and watches the game.

Very Incredible Hulk. If you can't take him out immediately, the worse your chances get against him.

:lol: Dude isn't human.

There's one guy in the crowd yelling shoot, and Tiote can hear the fucker. He's got all the Deus Ex upgrades, man.

Beautiful analogy. :lol:

Poor distribution today. That's the one element of his game that has gone backwards since he signed. In the first few months after he signed, he was racking up a 90%+ accuracy rate for his passing. He's been nowhere near that for a while.

Ship him out!

Ship him out!

Yeah, cos that was what I was saying.

Played well enough defensively as always with some crunching tackles but his distribution was pretty shocking and his long range shooting is getting a bit silly tbh.  He was further up the field than Cabaye for large parts of the match and that for me is a problem.

Played well enough defensively as always with some crunching tackles but his distribution was pretty shocking and his long range shooting is getting a bit silly tbh.  He was further up the field than Cabaye for large parts of the match and that for me is a problem.

Don't say anything negative, you'll be accused of wanting him shipped out off some knobhead.

Don't say anything negative, you'll be accused of wanting him shipped out off some knobhead.

:lol: Somebody's a little butt hurt.

I was happy with his intimidating presence and a couple of his tackles... less happy with his passing and shooting :facepalm: Got to love him though.

He didn't play well but he is a talisman for the team and probably brought them all up.

:lol: His long range shootings awful, people have shouted shoot at him since the Arsenal goal and he always shoots, which wouldn't be a problem but he really isn't that great at it.

The Arsenal goal is his only goal for us, really needs to stop shooting from far out.

And it was a relatively controlled shot with his weaker foot. Any time he goes for with his right he wants to lash into it so much it just ends up going over the stand.

Only exception I can remember is Stoke few months ago when he had their keeper shitting himself with two similar efforts.

:lol: Dude isn't human.

There's one guy in the crowd yelling shoot, and Tiote can hear the fucker. He's got all the Deus Ex upgrades, man.

:lol: :lol: Imagining him having Adam Jensen's voice now

As a defensive midfielder he's immense. But my only problem with him is that he tries too much in the attack. He's nog the most gifted passer of the ball and should only make short range passes to more creative minds. Leave crosses and such things to others. If I'm not mistaken, one of his crosses almost cost us a goal but luckily Lennon(I think it was) couldn't convert.

Overall he's great. Quality attitude and he could probably crush a diamond with his fist

As a defensive midfielder he's immense. But my only problem with him is that he tries too much in the attack. He's nog the most gifted passer of the ball and should only make short range passes to more creative minds. Leave crosses and such things to others. If I'm not mistaken, one of his crosses almost cost us a goal but luckily Lennon(I think it was) couldn't convert.

Overall he's great. Quality attitude and he could probably crush a diamond with his fist

:lol:

Said it in the Anita thread but even when Tiote's not passing well he's immense for us. Such a dominating player and scares the shit out of opposition midfielders. I think back to Arsenal when they had Viera and Petit. They might have had more skilful midfielders since but Viera especially used to destroy opposing midfields.

Tioté started running towards a Spurs guy in the second half, my stream froze and when it resumed after 3 seconds the Tottenham guy was on the floor, free kick to them and Cheik was walking away :lol:

Said it in the Anita thread but even when Tiote's not passing well he's immense for us. Such a dominating player and scares the s*** out of opposition midfielders. I think back to Arsenal when they had Viera and Petit. They might have had more skilful midfielders since but Viera especially used to destroy opposing midfields.

It's not a bad comparison tbh, at least in terms of style.

Pretty standard warming up performance from Tiote, probably better than normal for this stage of the season tbh. There was a period in the second half though where he was fucking bossing it and passing it lovely.