Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

The reaction both after the decision and after HT, when the stadium had gotten another look at half time was something else like.

Never heard so much loud and sustained booing from the crowd because we knew it was a disgrace.

It's actually got me fuming once again  :dave:

Even more infuriating when they scored a similar goal not long after that was allowed to stand :angry:

The reaction both after the decision and after HT, when the stadium had gotten another look at half time was something else like.

Never heard so much loud and sustained booing from the crowd because we knew it was a disgrace.

It's actually got me fuming once again  :dave:

Aye and our manager was super hyped he called the opposing manager an owld cunt :lol: (was it in the same game by the way? Hahaha)

He was unreal. Sure he had 100% pass completion and won the ball back more than 10 times through intercepting/tackling.

Probably the best all-round debut performance I can recall.

He was unreal. Sure he had 100% pass completion and won the ball back more than 10 times through intercepting/tackling.

Aye!

I actually forgot how good he was until seeing the old matches these last few weeks!

Travesty  :'(

Aye!

I actually forgot how good he was until seeing the old matches these last few weeks!

Travesty  :'(

He came in for a lot of stick on here, but I absolutely loved having him in the side. No one pressed the ball more effectively - although I get that it could sometimes be described more accurately as assault - but he was a pretty good footballer as well. When injuries forced Pardew into picking the right players, what a side that was. Demba Ba, Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse, Ben Arfa....fucking hell.

He came in for a lot of stick on here, but I absolutely loved having him in the side. No one pressed the ball more effectively - although I get that it could sometimes be described more accurately as assault - but he was a pretty good footballer as well. When injuries forced Pardew into picking the right players, what a side that was. Demba Ba, Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse, Ben Arfa....fucking hell.

Peak Colo, peak Krul.....the makings of a very good team if we had an ambitious owner!

• 11 months later...
Guest HTT II

He was one player in our team at that time who I always thought would give his all and I felt confident in him the other team’s midfield would have to work very hard to get past him/shake him off. Taken far too early, RIP!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...