Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Can't see Smith leaving after just being named vice-captain. Not unless we've received a silly bid which is hugely unlikely.

More likely that Guthrie is off.

i see none of them leaving,ben arfa coming but no other forward.

Can't see Smith leaving after just being named vice-captain. Not unless we've received a silly bid which is hugely unlikely.

To which it's a stupid movie then. Guthrie's our only decent attacking midfielder, and we're replacing him with a DM?!

Guthrie's a pretty weak attacking midfielder by premier standards. I'd far rather have a proper defensive midfielder.

I hope this is true. I've never seen him play and I have no idea if he's good, but I just want us to sign someone. I want us to at least show some sort of ambition.

To which it's a stupid movie then. Guthrie's our only decent attacking midfielder, and we're replacing him with a DM?!

Guthrie's a pretty weak attacking midfielder by premier standards. I'd far rather have a proper defensive midfielder.

So he can pass the ball to Nolan and Barton to attack? That'll end well.

Guest sicko2ndbest

By the way you need to edit the thread spelling, you were in a hurry to bring us the news

Oh dear.

Cheick again!

If we sign this lad and Ben Arfa, who gets dropped? ??? Barton will probably be our best central midfielder going forward this season and if this lad is gonna cost us £3.5 million (and is a good DM), he will more than likely be played regularly. Nolan being club captain, would he actually get dropped?

If we sign this lad and Ben Arfa, who gets dropped? ??? Barton will probably be our best central midfielder going forward this season and if this lad is gonna cost us £3.5 million (and is a good DM), he will more than likely be played regularly. Nolan being club captain, would he actually get dropped?

Butt did...

Guest malandro

The FC Twente Chairman seems to have dropped his price quite a bit for someone whose supposed to have a tough rep for transfer negotiations.

He was probably scared Tiote might take it upon himself to fly to Newcastle, spend a night in Jesmond and return to the Netherlands hell bent on never playing for FC Twente again.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Chris rates Guthrie higher than Smith, even though Smith is VC- Can't see him selling Guthrie, but who would take Smith?

Of course, we may well just keep them all.

Never seen him play but he's definitely better than Smith so would be a good addition. :lol:

Our major needs are definitely further up the field though, hopefully there'll be other signings to come if this is true.

So he can pass the ball to Nolan and Barton to attack? That'll end well.

I doubt it would end up much better if he passed it to Guthrie. Marginal at best.