All these categorised threads

Aphrodite

Anyone else think they've gone a bit far now? It seems there are hardly any spontaneous topics anymore, just loads of massive threads into which everything is divided. If you don't use the forum loads it's quite easy to forget which ones you've replied to and follow what's going on- most of the good banter is hidden away in huge threads. I know it keeps the forum neat and tidy etc but it deters me from posting a bit (some may say that's a good thing!), because I know if I post in a thread by the time I next come on the forum it'll be buried under 20 more pages.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Anyone else think they've gone a bit far now? It seems there are hardly any spontaneous topics anymore, just loads of massive threads into which everything is divided. If you don't use the forum loads it's quite easy to forget which ones you've replied to and follow what's going on- most of the good banter is hidden away in huge threads. I know it keeps the forum neat and tidy etc but it deters me from posting a bit (some may say that's a good thing!)

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Nah.

On a serious note, do you not think it's offputting to new people? Look on the forum at the mo, early half the front page is filled with 20+ page plus threads. I reckon I'd use the forum more otherwise, there's no point making a post if you don't view regularly, as you have to scroll through pages of replies to see if anyone has replied to your post.

Personally I genuinely think the forum's fine as it is, and the feedback is generally positive towards the way things are laid out. I'd rather have things in one giant mega-thread which stays on or around the first forum page than have a million threads that get lost amongst the clutter.

I like it being organised...

I don't want 50 threads, one saying

"I'm watching a program about a woman that married The Eiffel Tower"

"I'm watching a program about an indian kid with 8 limbs"

Obviously some programs such as Lost deserve one, but it's fine as it is.

I think that means the forum loses spontaneity though and it's less likely for really good threads to develop (like the gold threads on the SMB) as they get lost within massive super-threads. I hate the concept of 'clutter' on a forum- it's meant to be organic! I think posters who like it would tend to those who post on here a lot.

Just my feedback anyway, it's put me off posting here a bit recently.

I think that means the forum loses spontaneity though and it's less likely for really good threads to develop (like the gold threads on the SMB) as they get lost within massive super-threads. I hate the concept of 'clutter' on a forum- it's meant to be organic! I think posters who like it would tend to those who post on here a lot.

Just my feedback anyway, it's put me off posting here a bit recently.

A lot of new members sign up and stick, even non-NUFC fans, so I'm not sure that you're right on that one. To each their own though, I think we're a different type of football message board to RTG/Toontastic etc.

I think Aphrodite has a point like. But obviously it's just not acceptable saying that, because we live in a military junta here on N-O. :lol:

Aye, let's all live your hippy utopian dream. Take your wife and sod off.

I think Aphrodite has a point like. But obviously it's just not acceptable saying that, because we live in a military junta here on N-O. :lol:

Aye, let's all live your hippy utopian dream. Take your wife and sod off.

:lol: Jesus!

I'm getting called a hippy by Keefaz.

My irony detector just went into meltdown. :lol:

Don't worry Aphrodite, so long as Indi is around there'll always be some mystery and spontaneity left in N-O.

No one has a bloody clue what his threads are going to be about until you click them!

On a serious note, do you not think it's offputting to new people? Look on the forum at the mo, early half the front page is filled with 20+ page plus threads. I reckon I'd use the forum more otherwise, there's no point making a post if you don't view regularly, as you have to scroll through pages of replies to see if anyone has replied to your post.

That's as good a reason as any to keep it the way it is tbh :aww:

Anyway, if people didn't like having the mega threads, more threads would be made.