Ou Est Le Swimming Pool....

Magpie

Aye, loads of bands at V fest were declaring their love for him and sympathy, i have no sympathy for somebody so f***ing stupid.

Aye, loads of bands at V fest were declaring their love for him and sympathy, i have no sympathy for somebody so f***ing stupid.

It was Suicide. You can hardly just write him off as "fucking stupid"

I liked these, they were a good up and coming band.

What possible reason could a young man in, so i understand, an up and coming band (although I've never heard of them) have to top himself?

I'm sure this will open a can of worms and I'll be labled insensitive and cruel, but I have a real issue with suicide in all honesty, it just seems really selfish to me. Putting your loved ones through dealing with your death. I just can't forsee a time when my life would be that shit that I could do it to my family

Exactly my thoughts. To do it right after a gig, at a festival is just selfish and downright fucking pathetic tbh. Probably thought he'd be more famous dead than alive, hopefully thats not the case because thats just pandering to the twat.

Don't know a thing about him. Never heard of him or the band. And he might well have a history of 'depression' but it won't change my mind on suicide in general. I'm no god botherer, I don't think it's a sin. Do what you like with your own life. I just think that to voluntarily end your own life, leaving all your loved ones behind to torture themselves with questions they can never answer, is a very selfish thing to do.

do you two know about about this guy, or just wading in?  might have a history of depression ffs

So fuck. Go and get councelling. Dont jump off a comms tower directly after a gig you've just played with mates you've probably had since school.

Just went on to Wiki to read up about this guy, to see if there was any mention of why he may have topped himself (there wasn't by the way) and, ironicly, today's featured article is about Joy Division.

Don't know a thing about him. Never heard of him or the band. And he might well have a history of 'depression' but it won't change my mind on suicide in general. I'm no god botherer, I don't think it's a sin. Do what you like with your own life. I just think that to voluntarily end your own life, leaving all your loved ones behind to torture themselves with questions they can never answer, is a very selfish thing to do.

so you don't know if he has any loved ones then?

anyways just wondered, i'd always assume someone doing that simply has mental problems beyond their ability to cope (and/or get help for it)

the pill takers and half-hearted wrist cutters are "attention seeking", jumping off shit is pretty much looking into the abyss

the way you two are writing he just felt like doing something different

What possible reason could a young man in, so i understand, an up and coming band (although I've never heard of them) have to top himself?

I'm sure this will open a can of worms and I'll be labled insensitive and cruel, but I have a real issue with suicide in all honesty, it just seems really selfish to me. Putting your loved ones through dealing with your death. I just can't forsee a time when my life would be that shit that I could do it to my family

During the gig he played before he killed himself, it said he jumped into the crowd and landed on some girl, possibly crippling her for life.

Yeah but you've got to remember people who suffer depression to the point of suicide often try to get help with no success and actually feel like they're being a hinderence to people they love just by staying alive. It's a horrible illness and on the other hand it can be pretty selfish to expect someone to put up with the mental torture 24/7 for the rest of their lives just to keep everyone else happy.

I'm sure this will open a can of worms and I'll be labled insensitive and cruel, but I have a real issue with suicide in all honesty, it just seems really selfish to me. Putting your loved ones through dealing with your death. I just can't forsee a time when my life would be that s*** that I could do it to my family

you probably can't understand self harmers or the likes of stan collymore claiming depression either ?

During the gig he played before he killed himself, it said he jumped into the crowd and landed on some girl, possibly crippling her for life.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Pukkelpop-Suicide-Singer-Feared-He-Had-Crippled-A-Fan-During-Festival---Ou-Est-Le-Swimming-Pool/Article/201008415704231?lpos=Showbiz_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15704231_Pukkelpop

Yeah but you've got to remember people who suffer depression to the point of suicide often try to get help with no success and actually feel like they're being a hinderence to people they love just by staying alive. It's a horrible illness and on the other hand it can be pretty selfish to expect someone to put up with the mental torture 24/7 for the rest of their lives just to keep everyone else happy.

:thup: Absolutely.

Amazes me when people who have no understanding of depression have a go at people who are seriously depressed.  It's always over-simplified to imply that the person concerned is just really "fed up", which is just pure bollocks tbh.