Wahey! Here we go again, will they never learn?

indi

It simply wouldn't be the start of a new season without the mighty Spurs deluding themselves about their chances. :lol:

Spurs can win the Premier League, says William Gallas

New Tottenham signing William Gallas believes Spurs have a chance of winning the Premier League this season.

The North London club, who controversially recruited Gallas on a free transfer from local rivals Arsenal, finished fourth last season.

"We just have to believe in ourselves," Gallas, 33, told the club's website.

"We have got young players with great quality, they just have to believe in their capacity to do something. I hope we can achieve this."

Tottenham have only twice won the English league championship - last doing so in 1961 - while Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal have dominated the Premier League since its inception in 1992/93.

France international Gallas, who won two Premier League titles and a League Cup winner's medal with Chelsea before moving to Arsenal, first trained with his new team-mates on Monday after agreeing terms on a one-year deal with an option to extend on Saturday.

"The atmosphere is great here," he told tottenhamhotspur.com. "I like that and I'm just looking forward to playing as soon as possible and winning some games.

"It was not an easy decision [having played for Arsenal] but I am here now and I will give my best. What is most important to me is to play games and to give everything.

"I just want to be fit as soon as possible, train with my team-mates and play matches. I want to show everybody I am still here."

Gallas was not registered for European competition so will be unable to play against Young Boys in the second leg of Spurs' Champions League qualifier on Wednesday.

But the former Marseille defender, has played in Europe's elite competition in each of the past seven seasons, believes that Tottenham can overturn their 3-2 deficit and progress to the group stages.

"Spurs are ready for the Champions League, even though they lost the first game," he said.

"I have seen the game and the team showed character to come back. I am confident we will win that game.

"I have played many games in the Champions League. It is the best level to play at as you are up against the biggest teams and you can show how good you are.

"The atmosphere is so great. When you hear the music you just want to get on the pitch and battle for 90 minutes. It would be good for Spurs."

It is unknown when Gallas, who is roughly two weeks away from being match ready, will make his Spurs debut.

"What is most important to me is to play games and to give everything," he added.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8938980.stm

They've got a young and exciting squad, which really reminds me of us in 2003 (although we were better, imo), so I'd definitely be excited if I was a Spurs fan, but they've just gelled at the wrong time because the other teams are still too strong for them. I'm afraid a year or two out of the CL and most of their best players, like Bale, Modric and Lennon, will be off. This season is massive for them if they want to push on but their likeliest competitors for fourth will be City, who will just be too strong over the course of the season.

Guest andrew

It simply wouldn't be the start of a new season without the mighty Spurs deluding themselves about their chances. :lol:

Spurs can win the Premier League, says William Gallas

New Tottenham signing William Gallas believes Spurs have a chance of winning the Premier League this season.

The North London club, who controversially recruited Gallas on a free transfer from local rivals Arsenal, finished fourth last season.

"We just have to believe in ourselves," Gallas, 33, told the club's website.

"We have got young players with great quality, they just have to believe in their capacity to do something. I hope we can achieve this."

Tottenham have only twice won the English league championship - last doing so in 1961 - while Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal have dominated the Premier League since its inception in 1992/93.

France international Gallas, who won two Premier League titles and a League Cup winner's medal with Chelsea before moving to Arsenal, first trained with his new team-mates on Monday after agreeing terms on a one-year deal with an option to extend on Saturday.

"The atmosphere is great here," he told tottenhamhotspur.com. "I like that and I'm just looking forward to playing as soon as possible and winning some games.

"It was not an easy decision [having played for Arsenal] but I am here now and I will give my best. What is most important to me is to play games and to give everything.

"I just want to be fit as soon as possible, train with my team-mates and play matches. I want to show everybody I am still here."

Gallas was not registered for European competition so will be unable to play against Young Boys in the second leg of Spurs' Champions League qualifier on Wednesday.

But the former Marseille defender, has played in Europe's elite competition in each of the past seven seasons, believes that Tottenham can overturn their 3-2 deficit and progress to the group stages.

"Spurs are ready for the Champions League, even though they lost the first game," he said.

"I have seen the game and the team showed character to come back. I am confident we will win that game.

"I have played many games in the Champions League. It is the best level to play at as you are up against the biggest teams and you can show how good you are.

"The atmosphere is so great. When you hear the music you just want to get on the pitch and battle for 90 minutes. It would be good for Spurs."

It is unknown when Gallas, who is roughly two weeks away from being match ready, will make his Spurs debut.

"What is most important to me is to play games and to give everything," he added.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8938980.stm

Deluded  :spit:

Guest neesy111

Spurs' defence will get raped against any team with pace. Not a chance of the title.

As proved by michael dawson last week who looked to be running in clown shoes

They've got a young and exciting squad, which really reminds me of us in 2003 (although we were better, imo), so I'd definitely be excited if I was a Spurs fan, but they've just gelled at the wrong time because the other teams are still too strong for them. I'm afraid a year or two out of the CL and most of their best players, like Bale, Modric and Lennon, will be off. This season is massive for them if they want to push on but their likeliest competitors for fourth will be City, who will just be too strong over the course of the season.

This - they have to at least make top 4 again if they are seen to be progressing by their top players.

City look the better bet and may even be in the running for the title.

Guest The Enforcer

Ridiculous and unnecessary pressure they're putting themselves under. In a season where Man City have spent even more ridiculous amounts of money, finishing 5th wouldn't actually be all that bad. But now they're raising expectations and looking to win the league, a finish outside the top four looks disastrous.

They've got a huge struggle to finish top 4. Hope they can get into the CL group stages because a) it's a different English team in there and b) it should nicely stretch their squad.

Guest sittingontheball

They could really do with a (top four level consistency) goalscorer. Defoe is good, but not quite there. Hindsight suggests they should  have kept Bent.

When we finished fourth, there was talk of winning the league. IIRC, we had three consecutive tough matches against Sunderland, Arsenal and Liverpool. Won the first, didn't do too well in the other matches and our title chase was over when we got smashed by Man Utd at home.

When we finished fourth, there was talk of winning the league. IIRC, we had three consecutive tough matches against Sunderland, Arsenal and Liverpool. Won the first, didn't do too well in the other matches and our title chase was over when we got smashed by Man Utd at home.

Aye, I remember that quite vividly now you mention it.

F**k Spurs. Hate the C**ts. I hope they crash and burn and scrotum face gets the jail time he deserves!

Top 4 my Arse, they only did it last season out of luck. Liverpool and City were gash and so Spurs snuck it, and only because Villa slipped up in the final stages of the season.

Gallas will now inevitably talk as much rubbish as the next Spurs player.