Glazers and Man U in serious financial straits.

Parky

Why should other teams sit there an allow the league to bend over backwards cos Man Uts are crippled with debt, its an unfair advantage.

It would be meltdown if they missed a CL spot. And don't laugh it's happenned to Liverpool when everyone thought that was impossible.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why should other teams sit there an allow the league to bend over backwards cos Man Uts are crippled with debt, its an unfair advantage.

It would be meltdown if they missed a CL spot. And don't laugh it's happenned to Liverpool when everyone thought that was impossible.

Lets not carried away. I don't think everyone thought it was impossible, if anything I think a lot of people saw it coming with the state of their squad/injuries.

Lets not carried away. I don't think everyone thought it was impossible, if anything I think a lot of people saw it coming with the state of their squad/injuries.

It's entirely possible Chelsea, man city, arsenal and Spurs could finish above them this year. Heard it here first.

It's entirely possible Chelsea, man city, arsenal and Spurs could finish above them this year. Heard it here first.

Realistically I don't think they could. Fergie ain't gonna let that happen is he.

Guest Slarth

What happens when Fergie decides it's time to retire though? Whoever comes in will want to spend money & that'll be something that they don't have. add in the fact that Giggs, Scholes etc. aren't gonna be around to much longer. Tough times ahead for Man Utd if they don't get this debt sorted :)

If the Glazers were to drive Man U to complete financial ruin, they'd get a brand new sugar daddy within weeks to get them out of the shit.

Even if the Premiership wasn't going to bend over backwards to bail them out, there is going to be some billionaire out there who'd be willing to invest on one of the world's most profitable brands.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why do you think he's hung around so long? He knows Man U are in the shit, and he's basically the only manager who can handle it. Its why Giggs and Scholes have been around for so long too (other than being top class professionals who can still play) - they're good stop gap players that would otherwise need investment to replace.

To secure loans at the rate of 14.25% and rising to 16.25% smacks of desperation, IMO.  Either the Glazer's thought they could pay down the debt quickly or they knew that the house of cards had to eventually fall.  The only other reason to secure a loan at those rates is if they were getting something from the hedge funds off the books.

To secure loans at the rate of 14.25% and rising to 16.25% smacks of desperation, IMO.  Either the Glazer's thought they could pay down the debt quickly or they knew that the house of cards had to eventually fall.  The only other reason to secure a loan at those rates is if they were getting something from the hedge funds off the books.

Point of note is that if they go bust in the states, the U.S. Govt has the right to seize all their worldwide assets. It would be armageddon.

If the Glazers were to drive Man U to complete financial ruin, they'd get a brand new sugar daddy within weeks to get them out of the shit.

Why has no one come in already?

The price is 1.5 billion, that is perhaps the answer.

They'll be fine. (Man United)

What are you basing this little nugget on if I may ask?

If Manu were on the verge of bankruptcy the Government would buy them imo. No way would the Country stand by and let them go under. Portsmouth aye with their handful of fans but not global superbrand manu.

If Manu were on the verge of bankruptcy the Government would buy them imo. No way would the Country stand by and let them go under. Portsmouth aye with their handful of fans but not global superbrand manu.

Ha ha what?

wtf

Are you serious?  :lol: :lol:

There's no way the taxpayer would bail out Man Utd, there'd be riots.

Also, the Government can't afford it.

Not in a cat in hells chance, no way.  The gov could not justify blocking school refrubs and builds then buying a fcking badly run football club that yanks fcked over.

Get out of town.

Guest neesy111

that is the worst statement in possibly the history of this forum :lol: