Glazers and Man U in serious financial straits.

Parky

They'll be fine. (Man United)

What are you basing this little nugget on if I may ask?

If Manu were on the verge of bankruptcy the Government would buy them imo. No way would the Country stand by and let them go under. Portsmouth aye with their handful of fans but not global superbrand manu.

that is the worst statement in possibly the history of this forum :lol:

Aye whatever, you churn em out every time you post.  :lol:

It's nowt compared to what they spend on other s****, at least there's some return on this one.

The Government already indirectly sponsors us, due to another financial bailout.

TT mate, not a chance in hell, not a chance in hell would they buy MUFC.

Its just a football club man, people die of cancer due to the cost of cancer drugs and gv saying we cant afford it. If a football clubs goes tits up, then tough monkey swingers.

It's nowt compared to what they spend on other s****, at least there's some return on this one.

The Government already indirectly sponsors us, due to another financial bailout.

Its just a football club man, people die of cancer due to the cost of cancer drugs and gv saying we cant afford it. If a football clubs goes tits up, then tough monkey swingers.

I'd love to see a time where this can be resolved, whether I'm right or wrong. :)

Point is; there will always be someone to rescue Manu, going under will never ever happen.

I'd love to see a time where this can be resolved, whether I'm right or wrong. :)

So do i, cos if the gov ever got a twitcher for buying Man Utd, it will that it would the MPs most busiest time for replying to angry emails!

They just couldn't justify it with the cuts going on.  Not to mention they've let bigger companies go tits up which have had thouands of employees.

Maybe not the government, but I can imagine there would be a huge campaign with the media, celebrities and every publicity hungry twat coming out of the woodworks to demand that whatever needs to be done to save them is provided at any cost.  Certainly would put pressure on the Glaziers, HMRC, the Prem and the Government to be lenient and encourage any bored billionare who fanices an ego trip to become a supposed national hero.

So do i, cos if the gov ever got a twitcher for buying Man Utd, it will that it would the MPs most busiest time for replying to angry emails!

They just couldn't justify it with the cuts going on.  Not to mention they've let bigger companies go tits up which have had thouands of employees.

With no chance of ever regaining the money invested. that's why these other companies have been left to die. Manu debt free create how much a season? It probably wouldn't come to a Government buy out simply due to a line of a thousand other investors trying to get them on the cheap, but if a buyer couldn't be found...

Guest neesy111

If Manu were on the verge of bankruptcy the Government would buy them imo. No way would the Country stand by and let them go under. Portsmouth aye with their handful of fans but not global superbrand manu.

What you are saying has absolutely no proof or sense attributed to it.

Guest neesy111

With no chance of ever regaining the money invested. that's why these other companies have been left to die. Manu debt free create how much a season? It probably wouldn't come to a Government buy out simply due to a line of a thousand other investors trying to get them on the cheap, but if a buyer couldn't be found...

:facepalm:

Sorry, are you describing my post or your entire time on this forum?

The Tampa Bay Bucs (owned by the Glazers) are really struggling to sell out there games this season, they've had a few poor seasons in a row, since winning the superbowl, and had top 5 draft picks in both of the last two years, which means big salaries. I could see them selling up or moving to LA, but I'm sure that's putting a strain on the Glazer's cash flow.

Guest neesy111

Sorry, are you describing my post or your entire time on this forum?

Your bloody post, to even mention the government of 60 million people would bail out a football club is ludicrous.

OK, say we the people buy man utd. 

No lets not, its fcking stupid. :lol:

Guest neesy111

How anyone think that idea is actually 1% plausible is laughable.

We the people? We don't run the Country, none of us have any say, even our new Government wasn't voted in by us. You are crazy to think you or I have any say that matters over where the government choose where to spend.

Everyone was against Northern Rock buyout, it still went ahead at our cost and a greater cost to what Manu would cost.

How do you think it would look if our biggest club in 2 decades suddenly disappeared off the map when bidding for the World Cup? What about if we get the World cup and then it happens? You think the billions England will have tied up in a successful campaign will be allowed to be blighted by something as dramatic as Manu ceasing trading? They said Pompy going under was a huge stain on our bid, that how we could let something like this happen in this day and age? imagine a club 99.9999999% of football fans have heard of suffering the same fate? You think the Government would stand by and let it happen with a World Cup hosting approaching? I don't.

Our Government buying Manu and stopping them going under would be nothing to the scale of South Africa spending billions on stadiums while millions of people die of disease and poverty with remaining homeless and millions more made homeless by the World Cup.

You think our Government cares about real life situations like pensions, schools etc compared to a show piece extravaganza like the World Cup or the Olympics, which is higher priority? Which will generate money? Whatever you think its not as clear cut as no they won't do that, we have a say, there will be an outrage, so fuking what? When have the Government ever listened to you?

Guest neesy111

We the people? We don't run the Country, none of us have any say, even our new Government wasn't voted in by us. You are crazy to think you or I have any say that matters over where the government choose where to spend.

Everyone was against Northern Rock buyout, it still went ahead at our cost and a greater cost to what Manu would cost.

How do you think it would look if our biggest club in 2 decades suddenly disappeared off the map when bidding for the World Cup? What about if we get the World cup and then it happens? You think the billions England will have tied up in a successful campaign will be allowed to be blighted by something as dramatic as Manu ceasing trading? They said Pompy going under was a huge stain on our bid, that how we could let something like this happen in this day and age? imagine a club 99.9999999% of football fans have heard of suffering the same fate? You think the Government would stand by and let it happen with a World Cup hosting approaching? I don't.

Our Government buying Manu and stopping them going under would be nothing to the scale of South Africa spending billions on stadiums while millions of people die of disease and poverty with remaining homeless and millions more made homeless by the World Cup.

You think our Government cares about real life situations like pensions, schools etc compared to a show piece extravaganza like the World Cup or the Olympics, which is higher priority? Which will generate money? Whatever you think its not as clear cut as no they won't do that, we have a say, there will be an outrage, so fuking what? When have the Government ever listened to you?

:facepalm:

If Northern Rock went bust, over £25 billion of mortgages were at risk and over 4,000 people without jobs!  Man utd goes bust it it affects 500 people max!

You simply don't have a clue about anything of government finances and the northern rock/credit crunch situation!

First of all the gov is the people, we live in a democracy.  We have to let the gov make some deciosns without the peoples consent somestimes as they are the ones with the true figures and facts infront of them.  yeah no doubt the make a decision for politcal reasons somestimes....

The banking collapse and the propping up of a few of the UKs major banks...is million FUCK*ING miles away from one shit faced football club going bust.

And casting my mind back, I do seem to remember the tories saying we should allow NR to go bust.

This country could not justify spending a billion quid on a football club thats only supported by the minority...we are cutting millions of pounds from gov departments people are losing jobs etc

Its not even a point to argue, its fucking stupid.

Guest neesy111

First of all the gov is the people, we live in a democracy.  We have to let the gov make some deciosns without the peoples consent somestimes as they are the ones with the true figures and facts infront of them.  yeah no doubt the make a decision for politcal reasons somestimes....

The banking collapse and the propping up of a few of the UKs major banks...is million FUCK*ING miles away from one shit faced football club going bust.

And casting my mind back, I do seem to remember the tories saying we should allow NR to go bust.

This country could not justify spending a billion quid on a football club thats only supported by the minority...we are cutting millions of pounds from gov departments people are losing jobs etc

This.  I'm just amazed someone actually believes government money should/could be used to bail out a football club.

The only comparison i made with northern Rock was that people didn't want it and they went ahead regardless, I never said look they did NR bailout so they should do this, like both of you are trying to make out.

This.  I'm just amazed someone actually believes government money should/could be used to bail out a football club.

And really that's all you've had to say, I get it. Fuking ballsack.

Fair enough but its still silly to think that the gov would bail out a football club.

Fair enough to think that, I don't. Stranger things have happened. :)

If Manu did go tits up, how much would be owed to the taxman and other government departments? then getting 1p in the £ off creditors, it might make more sense buying the club and getting back in full amount what is owed. Unlike like other companies in the same situation they would be able to turn a profit and its only their debts by the current owners that seem them in this position.

Fair enough but its still silly to think that the gov would bail out a football club.

Fair enough to think that, I don't. Stranger things have happened. :)

Fair enough.

But not when peoples lives are being ruined by job losses and budgets are being slashed.

And to think the shit the gov would get off ALL the other 91 football league teams fans and none football supporters.  Especially when that billion quid could go to summik much better.