Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

SSN just said Steven Taylor transfer listed.

List of Events.

SSN Breaking News: Newcastle United have Transfer Listed Steven Taylor.

SSN: David Craig - Newcastle offered £40k, Taylor demanded £60k

N-0: Everyone has their bit say; most agree Taylor should leave if he's asking for £60k

NUFC: Confirm Steven Taylor has been placed on the Transfer list via a short statement on their website.

SSN: David Craig - Says Steven Taylor is well liked at Newcastle and with their fans. SSN continue with soundbite clips from several supporters saying they wouldn't be bothered if he left as he was asking for too much money and wasn't very good anyway.

SSN: Agent disputes £60k wage demand

Daily Mail: Reports that Taylor wasn't happy with a relegation clause that would deducted £20k from his wage if club was relegated.

Journal and various media: Reports that Talyor wasn't aware of being transfer listed and only found out via third partys. Reports that he is distraught at being transfer listed.

Chris Hughton: Newcastle have offered him a new contract. Hopes he accepts it.

Related Threads: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70838.0.html

Guest Slarth

Well, if we do get rid of him I hope the money will be used to get HBA (or that type of player) I don't know if I like this or not :?

No real surprise; he was the prime candidate to leave in order to raise cash this summer.

Williamson's start to life in the Premier League will have only reinforced this.

Only problem is we'll get nowhere near his worth this way.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No real surprise; he was the prime candidate to leave in order to raise cash this summer.

Williamson's start to life in the Premier League will have only reinforced this.

Go on Dave, take a gamble and value his worth.

We'll get about £4m for him imo.

So that is were the money is coming from for the Tiote deal.

Or we've transfer listed him because contract negations are going nowhere and selling in January would bring in peanuts.

Well get more than not trying to get shot and seeing him bugger off for nowt.

Not got a problem with this at all. If he doesn't want to sign the contract then it's best that he leaves.

No idea how much he wanted or how much we offered but the 2 numbers obviously weren't close enough. 

Go on Dave, take a gamble and value his worth.

Shit English, but you know what I mean. I think we could have easily got £8m for him if he was in contract and playing.

Must have lost patience with him. Will be sad to see him go. Future England player.

Future? He's 25 already and probably not going to improve significantly with his attitude problems and general thickness.