Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Got to love the optimism of those thinking this money will go on someone else. :laugh:

Hope you're right but I can't see it.

Wonder if the Carroll altercation has much (if anything) to do with this btw?

People I've talked to have suggested that no one likes him at the club. Not sure how true that is. Winds people up the wrong way, thinking he's far better than he actually is. Think this contract negotiation was the last straw, especially with new 'hardline with the press' approach the Toon seemingly have at the moment. Can't imagine the press leaks would have done any good.

Guest BooBoo

From what I've seen of him, Mike Williamson is a better all round defender.

Shame to lose a homegrown lad but he's not developed the way e everyone hoped. He gets overly criticised on here but overall I won't lose any sleep if he leaves.

Don't really need him, would hope this is sell to buy rather than sell to recoup what we've spent but it seems unlikely.  But then would Ashley allow us to splash cash without being absolutely sure we could sell him and for how much?

Also, isn't announcing that we want rid of him kind of showing our hand and lowering the likely fee?

Guest secteur2010

Got to love the optimism of those thinking this money will go on someone else. :laugh:

I think he will re-invest the wedge. I think after the all the shenanigans with Taylor and Carroll and Taylor's (alleged) unpopularity in the dressing room, he'll sell to buy and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a certain HBA on his way to St James' now.

Besides, Chrissy has had a word in MA's lug hole and threatened to post some pictures up.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

From what I've seen of him, Mike Williamson is a better all round defender.

Shame to lose a homegrown lad but he's not developed the way e everyone hoped. He gets overly criticised on here but overall I won't lose any sleep if he leaves.

I was sadder when Aaron Hughes left.

It will go into the club, so yes it will have a bearing on future budgets including available money for player wages and acquisitions.

/Not that the fee itself will have much effect. If we do manage to sell him I'll be surprised if we get 1.5 to 2m max considering his injury and contract.

I don't really want to see him go, he can be a good player when fit and on form... if that ever happens again.

He does seem a bit mental though, always has. If he isn't fitting in with the new 3 Musketeers attitude then he should look elsewhere.

Not really happy to see him go, but I can understand it.

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For fuck sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

He as a future Newcastle captain in my honest opinion, and now it looks like he's off.

Guest neesy111

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For fuck sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

He as a future Newcastle captain in my honest opinion, and now it looks like he's off.

:facepalm:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

[sic]

"Led to understand Newcastle United very reluctantly have placed Steve Taylor on the transfer list. The club and Steven's representatives have been in negotiations for some time; we understand that Newcastle United have offered 4 year contract worth ~£40K a week. Steven Taylor wants £60k a week. Newcastle United have strict wage policy, they made it very clear about the strict finances at the club."

I don't even think he'll leave this transfer window. Who will waste a few million on a crocked, hugely injury prone defender who isn't very good? More than likely he'll end up fucking off for nowt next summer or next to nowt in January.

I can see it being an N'Zogbia style scenario. Both fans and the player think he'll go to a big club but he'll end up at Stoke or something :lol:

It will be interesting when he makes his return to SJP with whichever club he signs for.

Partly for the crowd reaction but also I dont think many centre backs would fancy 90 mins v Andy Carroll at the best of times, let alone if they ve already been allegedly  left in hospital by him for a few days with a broken jaw

[sic]

"Led to understand Newcastle United very reluctantly have placed Steve Taylor on the transfer list. The club and Steven's representatives have been in negotiations for some time; we understand that Newcastle United have offered 4 year contract worth ~£40K a week. Steven Taylor wants £60k a week. Newcastle United have strict wage policy, they made it very clear about the strict finances at the club."

He's not even worth £40k. He can piss off.