Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For f*** sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

He as a future Newcastle captain in my honest opinion, and now it looks like he's off.

You think he's worth 60k a week?

Guest secteur2010

60k? Jesus wept.

Although can't see what's to be gained by NUFC by making that news public.

Was it NUFC or his agent?

Am I the only one who does not want him to go?

I don't want him to go but if he is seriously asking for over £60k a week having been offered over £40k a week then he can fuck off. He's not worth anywhere near that kind of money.

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For f*** sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

He as a future Newcastle captain in my honest opinion, and now it looks like he's off.

I'll give you odds of 20 to 1 on the never happening tbh.

Even if he is, it's a moot point under our current wage restrictions.

If you're going to have a wage structure, you can't break it for anyone. It undermines the financial side and the team spirit.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

[sic]

"Led to understand Newcastle United very reluctantly have placed Steve Taylor on the transfer list. The club and Steven's representatives have been in negotiations for some time; we understand that Newcastle United have offered 4 year contract worth ~£40K a week. Steven Taylor wants £60k a week. Newcastle United have strict wage policy, they made it very clear about the strict finances at the club."

He's not even worth £40k. He can piss off.

Well if his last wage talks were anything to go by and he was on something similar to Milner's new deal, he's getting a £5k increase to his wages. Can actually see him going to Stoke now.  :lol:

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For fuck sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

Are you on a wind up? :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Mancienne is very versatile

I am mates with a lot of Woves fans who would be absolutely gutted if he went anywhere else other than Wolves

He (Taylor) thinks he's better than he actually is.

No fucking way is he worth 60k a week. I'd be reluctant to give him even 40k.

Like others say, shame to lose a homegrown player, but he simply has not developed enough in the past 3 years for him to be worth 40k a week.

That coupled with the fact that he's a complete bell-end in person.

Thanks.

Shame to lose a homegrown lad but he's not developed the way e everyone hoped. He gets overly criticised on here but overall I won't lose any sleep if he leaves.

Quite similar to Titus Bramble that way. Showed potential, never delivered consistently enough. Pity.

Guest neesy111

£60k a week. :lol:

I hope that's true, I really do. Still struggle to believe owt this regime put out though.

he's already on 30k+ IIRC, so him wanting a new contract around 60k seems very plausible

No, but then again I don't think footballers should be getting 10K a week.

I really hope this is a bluff on our behalf in order to bring his wage demands down. For some reason I'm shocked that Taylor of all people would be that greedy.

[sic]

"Led to understand Newcastle United very reluctantly have placed Steve Taylor on the transfer list. The club and Steven's representatives have been in negotiations for some time; we understand that Newcastle United have offered 4 year contract worth ~£40K a week. Steven Taylor wants £60k a week. Newcastle United have strict wage policy, they made it very clear about the strict finances at the club."

He's not even worth £40k. He can piss off.

This.

The time he has spent injured that's a fkn disgrace to ask for that much... its not like he has been a MUST on the team sheet.

Very disappointed in him over that kind of wage demand.

I still think he will now be in panic mode, he loves this club and will not want  to go.. good move to transfer list him.

Btw I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some make out. Unfortunately for him and his ego, he's nowhere near as good as some make out either.

Middle of the road Premier League defender.