Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For fuck sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

He as a future Newcastle captain in my honest opinion, and now it looks like he's off.

What? :lol:

Say Terry and Ferdinhand retired now, who would be the first 2 defenders you would put in there?, I struggle to find many English defenders better then him.

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For fuck sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

He as a future Newcastle captain in my honest opinion, and now it looks like he's off.

Say Terry and Ferdinhand retired now, who would be the first 2 defenders you would put in there?, I struggle to find many English defenders better then him.

:lol: You're a total joke.

There have been countless reports of cuntism from Saylor, it is not even close to a shock that he's looking for this kind of money. He's 25, he's not "one for the future", he's just not another average footballer who thinks he's better than he is.

Guest neesy111

I know I make some bold statements, but that is taking the piss that!

The time he has spent injured that's a fkn disgrace to ask for that much... its not like he has been a MUST on the team sheet.

Very disappointed in him over that kind of wage demand.

I still think he will now be in panic mode, he loves this club and will not want  to go.. good move to transfer list him.

Tbh, I'm sick of hearing that line. If he loved the club he'd sign a contract rather than walk for nowt next season. He loves the money more and can fuck right off.

Guest neesy111

Do we have any players on existing contracts over £60k?  If he's asking to be the best paid player at the club he's having a laugh.

Colo?

Barton, Smith, Colo are the highest paid in the team!

Guest sicko2ndbest

A bsolutely delighted the club have stuck to their guns and told him where to go

He is not worth that money. 40K is and should be a premium for a player with his record. Thats 2m a year ffs.

He is a good defender, but he dosnt have the mental capacity to go to the next level

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For f*** sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

You think he's worth 60k a week?

No, but then again I don't think footballers should be getting 10K a week.

I really hope this is a bluff on our behalf in order to bring his wage demands down. For some reason I'm shocked that Taylor of all people would be that greedy.

So when fit would you have Taylor as one of the two first choice center backs?

Guest Loven11

United star in transfer list shock

Published Date: 25 August 2010

NEWCASTLE United's Steven Taylor was today transfer-listed by the club.

The defender, who is out of contract at the end of the season, has been at St James's Park since breaking into the first team as a teenager.

Taylor is currently out of action with a dislocated shoulder picked up in the pre-season game at Carlisle.

His agent, Paul Stretford, revealed last week that talks between the club and the player over a new deal had broken down.

"I'm hopeful that there will be some movement in the near future," said Stretford at the time.

"In the case of Steven, it's typical of modern contract negotiations; they can become difficult and drawn-out."

Newcastle – who are inserting relegation clauses into all new contracts – were understood to have offered Taylor another three years on similar terms to his present deal.

United were reluctant to let the 24-year-old enter the final year of his contract without having tied him to a fresh deal.

However, the situation is complicated by the shoulder injury which is set to sideline him until October.

More on this breaking story as we get it.

Jagielka and Dawson. They're streets ahead of Taylor.

Guest Geordiesned

A couple of years ago I was sat in front of Stephen Taylor's mum in The Ship in Monkseaton watching an away match. I didn't know who she was at the time until I heard her saying how little Stephen wasn't being greedy. He only wanted 35 grand a week. Maybe that's the going rate but it pissed me off the way 35 grand a week was being talked about as if it was normal for someone to earn that sort of money a week.

Do we have any players on existing contracts over £60k?  If he's asking to be the best paid player at the club he's having a laugh.

Colo?

Barton, Smith, Colo are the highest paid in the team!

and they will be told to accept lower wages when their contracts are up or they can fuck off as well.

Guest Loven11

The proposal was thought to be in the region of £40,000-a-week, while Taylor's representatives wanted something closer to £60,000.

Just when you start to think this club is going in the right direction. For f*** sake he's a quality defender, one of England's better defenders aswell, not only that but he's NUFC through and through.

You think he's worth 60k a week?

No, but then again I don't think footballers should be getting 10K a week.

I really hope this is a bluff on our behalf in order to bring his wage demands down. For some reason I'm shocked that Taylor of all people would be that greedy.

An argument for another thread, but I disagree entirely and that's not the point anyway.

He's an average PL player and doesn't deserve anywhere near 60k a week.

Won't lose any sleep. Williamson/Coloccini partnership is one I like. They're far more composed and their positioning is streets ahead of Taylor's. Taylor has always been far too gun-ho and often goes for the hollywood tackle instead of keeping his head and being smart with the ball. Even Kadar from what I've seen has looked to have a better footballing brain and I'll be watching Tavernier closely tonight as pre-season sounded promising for the lad. If we can get a bit of cover in for cheap and sell Taylor for a decent fee around £4m that would be great business.

Btw I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some make out. Unfortunately for him and his ego, he's nowhere near as good as some make out either.

Middle of the road Premier League defender.

He's not a bad player, but IMO when fit he's third or fourth choice center back.

So is ~£45k your absolute limit now? Do you have players on wages above that, i.e. is it only for new players coming in/new contracts for players already there?

It's for players who are worth 45k. If they're worth more I'm sure we could stretch it for the absolute stars of the team. So yes, 45k tops at the moment.

Guest Roger Kint

If true 33% increase is more than he deserves yet he wants DOUBLE? Jesus. He is lucky to get £30k, decent but not worth that much.