Karl Pilkington: An Idiot Abroad

Gash

Probably been said already but I hope Pilkington doesn't suffer overkill. I like him, he comes out with some crackers but to me, his humour is spontaneous and derived from (mistakenly) verbalising his thoughts. I hope this series retains that aspect. :thup:

By the sound of

"Tell me in a few words your gut reaction"

"Yeeh, gut reaction isn't wise, it still hasn't settled"

and

"You are the strangest man on the planet"

"You haven't been to China"

It shouldn't do. :mackems:

Possibly the only person in the world less funny than Ricky Gervais, which I guess is an achievement in itself.  And yes, I know they're both playing 'characters', it's impossible not to notice that seeing as they're both trying so achingly hard at it.

Possibly the only person in the world less funny than Ricky Gervais, which I guess is an achievement in itself.  And yes, I know they're both playing 'characters', it's impossible not to notice that seeing as they're both trying so achingly hard at it.

:fishing:

Gerraway man, Karl's been the same since the early XFM days when they had five listeners.

From what I've heard of his stuff back then, he used to laugh at himself and Gervais though and do things like getting angry, now he just plays it deadpan and as far as I'm concerned that's been a deliberate attempt to develop the character.  If I was being kind I'd describe the character of Karl semi-fictional, but even if it was 100% authentic it's still not particularly funny.