Robbie Keane

Doctor Zaius

With Defoe out with his groin operation, I think they'll be less likely to part with him for starters. He's probably starting tomorrow in fact.

Defoe's said he doesn't need it, for the time being anyway. Likely to play tomorrow.

Guest malandro

Whats with all these mental new threads?  Is there something going on I'm not aware of?

Aye, the media are entering their pre deadline frenzy.

We need pace up front, Keane has none.

Now that Spurs have qualified for the MEGA-SUPER-HAPPY-JACKPOT-LEAGUE they've got a bit of cash to spend and if they get a striker or 2 coming in then Keane will move on. It might be to us or it might not be. Let's see what happens

With Defoe out with his groin operation, I think they'll be less likely to part with him for starters. He's probably starting tomorrow in fact.

Defoe's said he doesn't need it, for the time being anyway. Likely to play tomorrow.

My bad, didn't catch that.

Still, he's playing with increasing pain, and if he aggravates his injury, they haven't got a great deal of fire power upfront with Pav yet to find his stride. Midds raises a decent point, but it's all veeery speculative at this point.

I personally wouldn't want him here.

Whats with all these mental new threads?  Is there something going on I'm not aware of?

Aye, the media are entering their pre deadline frenzy.

We need pace up front, Keane has none.

He doesn't have pace, but he's more mobile than most of our striking options and his movement is quite good.

He'd do very well playing just off Carroll IMO, would be another player who could give us a bit of invention in the final third.

Was taking the piss mate. :lol:

It's been discussed all day if you check the other threads. Certainly worth a thread after Hughton didn't deny it. :thup:

Still, he's playing with increasing pain, and if he aggravates his injury, they haven't got a great deal of fire power upfront with Pav yet to find his stride. Midds raises a decent point, but it's all veeery speculative at this point.

It seems a little weird to me too. Surely it's caused him a lot of pain previously and he still needs it sorting out?

Gosling in the few games I've seen him looks like he could be a good player one day, not sure he's ready yet though. Guthrie seems to me like he should be a quality footballer, but he seems to really struggle to assert himself on games like he should.

Barton has to be first choice for the more attack-minded CM position for now, he really needs to stay fit this year though and we'll see if he can start playing like he did at City on a regular basis.

Guest JamesyJazz

It seems a little weird to me too. Surely it's caused him a lot of pain previously and he still needs it sorting out?

Maybe we've lined up Shola n Leon as part exchange;0p

Well, I certainly posted that in the wrong thread didn't I...

I am stoned out of it though, to be fair.

/

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_1301.png