What an idiot (Kramer)

Dave

Nicked from Toontastic but what the hell.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6167920.stm

Seinfeld star 'sorry' over racism

Ex-Seinfeld star Michael Richards has apologised for directing a racist insult at a heckler during a stand-up comedy performance in Los Angeles.

The 57-year-old, who played eccentric neighbour Cosmo Kramer in the long-running sitcom, said he "went into a rage" when his act was interrupted.

"I'm really busted up over this and I'm very, very sorry," Richards said.

His former co-star Jerry Seinfeld said he felt "sick" about what he branded a "horrible, horrible mistake".

"It is so extremely offensive. I feel terrible for all the people who have been hurt," Seinfeld added.

Furious response

Richards had been performing at the Laugh Factory on Friday when two black audience members appeared to shout at him that he was not funny.

He paced across the stage in a fury and repeatedly taunted the men for disrupting his routine.

While some people in the crowd were heard to chuckle, another was audibly horrified.

The events were captured on video and passed to the TMZ.com entertainment website.

In a statement, Richards said: "I was at the comedy club trying to do my act and got heckled. I took it badly and went into a rage."

He apologised to "those people in the audience - the blacks, the Hispanics and the whites, everybody who was there and took the brunt of that anger and hate and rage, and how it came through".

Career 'ruined'

Seinfeld was not the only member of the entertainment industry to condemn Richards.

Veteran publicist Michael Levine said the remarks were inexcusable.

"I've never seen anything like this in my life," he said. "I think it's a career-ruiner for him."

Comedian Paul Rodriguez, who co-owns the Laugh Factory, said he had banned the performer from the well-known venue.

"It was unfortunate, it was sad," he said.

"I was at the back watching this, and I kept waiting for a punchline that could justify the words before it. It didn't come."

The full video is here:

What a dickhead! :lol:

I love how there's an uproar when he calls him a nigger but as soon as the bloke calls him a cracker no one bats an eye lid.  :roll:

To be fair, he called the guy a nigger about 20 times before he responded with that.

If someone called me for my skin colour twice in the manner he did they'd be on the floor. I think the guy showed great restraint from not getting on the stage and putting him in hospital, because if he did, nobody would argue with him, and i doubt even charges would have been filed. So to get cracker back...

Guest Invicta_Toon

or like racism is OK as long as it wasn't you who started it

Yep, just like war.

don't mention the war....

or like racism is OK as long as it wasn't you who started it

can ... worms ...... all over the floor

Fighting ingorance with ignorance doesn't help but it's understandable. George Carlin and other white comedians have nigger before but Kramer used it in very offensive way.

The tree and fork thing had me like "wow", worst thing is folks thought it was funny, the only funny thing about it was Kramer looking insane.

The tree and fork thing had me like "wow", worst thing is folks thought it was funny, the only funny thing about it was Kramer looking insane.

Well, to be fair, when it first started you wouldn't have had the benefit of hindsight and might've thought things were headed in another direction, whichever that would be. A bit like that Paul Rodrigez saying he was waiting for a punchline that didn't come.