So the transfer window is over. Thoughts on our squad?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok so a striker and cover for left back would have been great but we can wait till after Christmas.

I still think Robbie Keane is coming in on loan.   :smiley6600:

Can teams still get players on loan? Or did it end with the closing of the window?

Does every senior player make the 25 man cut? I am too lazy to count.

There are 25 in that list but not all of them need to be registered.

Can we leave off Gosling (in favour of Kadar, Vuckic or Tavernier) and then alter the squad of 25 (we register with the FA) in January?

Can we leave off Gosling (in favour of Kadar, Vuckic or Tavernier) and then alter the squad of 25 (we register with the FA) in January?

U21s don't count.

Surely the squad list is resubmitted after January anyway, or there'd be hardly any transfers.

Surely the squad list is resubmitted after January anyway, or there'd be hardly any transfers.

It is re-submitted at the end of the January window if the fountain of all knowledge (FM) is to be believed

It is re-submitted at the end of the January window if the fountain of all knowledge (FM) is to be believed

:thup:

Sure that the squad lists open again on January 1st and you have the month to chop and change as much as you like.

Have to be happy with what we've brought in - cast your mind back to the stupid "no capital outlay" statement at the start of the summer & compare how you felt then with how you feel now.

As someone's already said, I'm still gobsmacked with the Ben Arfa deal. Can't wait to see the lad in black and white, he's going to be awesome!

Our hopes of staying up very much depends on Andy Carroll and Enrique not getting injured, as long as these two stay fit, we'll comfortably finish 15th as I've predicted all along. (possibly even better).

Guest sicko2ndbest

My take

/10 for strength

Goalkeepers - 8/10

No Change

Defence - 7/10

Perch, Campbell

Strengthened

Midfield - 8/10

Gosling, Tiote

Strengthened

Attack - 6/10

Ben Arfa

Strengthened

We have come out of this window better than we started it. We are still a little weak up front, but if there was no value in the market for a forward im glad we didnt take the plunge. CH will play 4-5-1 a lot this year and with Nolan and Ben Arfa behind the main striker i think we will be ok until January at least

Been an almost perfect window, considering the quality we signed as a newly promoted club.

We have needed a creative midfilder for years and somehow when we have been at our worst, we sign one of the most exciting young midfielders in the world when on form.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Highly satisfied and a good bunch of lads too! The second goal against Villa sums up how much it means to them!

We must have one of the tallest set of strikers in the country?

Loven 5ft 11 (and a half apparently)

Ranger 6ft 2

Ameobi 6ft 2

Carroll 6ft 3

Xisco 6ft 2

Best 6ft 1

Don't know why I found that interesting but I did  :laugh: