CounterStrike

Clay

Anybody play this online? I've just bought it off Steam for $9 for Counterstrike and Condition Zero.. Cracking buy.. If anyone has it, what's your username?

I bought a moohasive pack of games, and am still currently going through HL2, then i have episode 1, then i can play CS etc...

I got FM07, and NWN2 just after getting the pack, so time is spread out, and since i cant put my headphones on until later at night, only FM07 is getting played.

Recently started playing it again. Really enjoy it if I'm in the mood, but I'm not usually very good at it - though sometimes I'll just click and be canny good for a session.  Played it when I was pissed once and went bombing around like a madman and ended up top with something like 14 kills and 3 deaths, which was awesome for me.

Have a nasty habit of running round a corner, bumping into someone and shooting them repeatedly in the head, only to discover it's one of my teammates.

Just finished me first game, havn't played it for a year and i'm absolutely shite.. Killed two people.. And got loads of shit for shooting me own team-mates... It's fucking hard.. But for under a fiver i can't complain :)

Anybody play this online? I've just bought it off Steam for $9 for Counterstrike and Condition Zero.. Cracking buy.. If anyone has it, what's your username?

I've got it, and I'm addicted.  My steam ID is: STEAM_0:0:9501751

Gunna go play now for a while before I leave for a Tool concert.

I've got it, and I'm addicted.  My steam ID is: STEAM_0:0:9501751

Gunna go play now for a while before I leave for a Tool concert.

The ID isn't showing up mate.

Guest Ridzuan

I haven't got counterstrike, but I have something similar called Black hawk down, I love it and it's faily cheap too. Anyone got it?

Yup,I've got Black hawk down as well.Its a good game and Ive already completed it.Theres a new game now called Call of Duty 3,which I recommend you guys to buy as well.Here is the website and you can watch a trailer of the game. http://www.callofduty.com/ As for Counterstrike,its an old game and its quite famous in my region,but I dont play the game.

Guest Gemmill

Have a nasty habit of running round a corner, bumping into someone and shooting them repeatedly in the head, only to discover it's one of my teammates.

:lol: You should think about a career in the US Marines.

• 3 years later...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/260/

About the Game

Available immediately, Valve has launched an extensive update to Counter-Strike: Source, now in beta. The update includes a host of new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Studios.

This beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.

Click the 'install game' button above to opt in to the beta and get started. If you don't see the button above, we've filled the available slots.

Please submit any bugs or feedback on the Counter-Strike: Source Beta forum

Features new to the beta

* 144 achievements added

* New lifetime player stats and summary screens

* New match player stats and summary screens

* New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player

* Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures

* New cinematic death camera

* New domination and revenge system

* Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display

* Incorporated many source engine updates

Notice: Thanks for your interest. We've filled the available slots.

Might be an interesting update. Valve are awesome when it comes to delivering new (free) content, even if they're very poor at delivering within stated timeframes, so hopefully this will be as big a change as they're saying.

And yes, it does look like they're moving slightly towards having some of the features of COD:MW.

This game took up so many hours of my life (on the classic version 1.6, I believe). It's times like this I want a good PC instead of a laptop.

Exactly my thoughts right now!

Guest firetotheworks

Ah, my mate was totally addicted to CS for about 5 years. Tbf, it's fucking class like. My advice is to start on the French servers to gain some confidence (they're generally shit), and then eventually move onto the German servers.

Sounds familiar. :shifty:

I recently bought CS: Source, spent about 20 minutes in a game without killing anyone before getting told off some wanker to 'go play runescape you fucking suck' :lol:

If only I could find beginner servers, people on this game are fucking lethal.

I might have a go at it once I'm back home on the PC (albeit not a particularly good one but it'll have to suffice).

Since I haven't played it in about 3-4 years, what's the best version at the moment? Are the classic maps still about: Dust, Aztec and co?

I might have a go at it once I'm back home on the PC (albeit not a particularly good one but it'll have to suffice).

Since I haven't played it in about 3-4 years, what's the best version at the moment? Are the classic maps still about: Dust, Aztec and co?

Both have loads of players on still, I'd still go with CS: Source though as it looks a lot nicer and all the classic maps are there from what I can tell, I couldn't find de_rats or de_mice though :(

Guest foreverer

Dust and Aztec are not played that much anymore, because CT's have got a huge advantage in both maps.