Anyone here know about shares?

lovejoy

My grandfather in law has just passed. We've found 990 ordinary shares for tsb.

Any ideas what they may be worth?

Whoever is administering his estate will get a value of them as at the date of death & then offer to either transfer them to one of the beneficiaries or more likely sell them once probate has been granted.

TSB? Not Lloyds/TSB?

If they're just TSB shares then I'd have thought that the takeover/merger would have affected them in some way, and it might not be as simple as assuming that they're now Llloyds/TSB shares and just selling them as such.

Not an expert or anything and don't know about the terms of the deal that brought them together, so might be talking out my arse, but it might be something you need to look into.

Sorry about your Grandad Lovejoy.

TSB? Not Lloyds/TSB?

If they're just TSB shares then I'd have thought that the takeover/merger would have affected them in some way, and it might not be as simple as assuming that they're now Llloyds/TSB shares and just selling them as such.

Not an expert or anything and don't know about the terms of the deal that brought them together, so might be talking out my arse, but it might be something you need to look into.

Nah they would have just received a dividend for the merger. The shares will still be classed as normal LloydsTSB shares.

TSB? Not Lloyds/TSB?

Nah they would have just received a dividend for the merger. The shares will still be classed as normal LloydsTSB shares.

What if the shares weren't just swapped 1 for 1? Sometimes you get mergers where they'll say that a share of company A is worth 2 shares of the new company, whereas the shares of company B are only worth 1. Like I said I don't know anything about this particular merger, but that can happen.

My grandfather in law has just passed. We've found 990 ordinary shares for tsb.

Any ideas what they may be worth?

Whoever is administering his estate will get a value of them as at the date of death & then offer to either transfer them to one of the beneficiaries or more likely sell them once probate has been granted.

If you want to keep them make sure the Executor knows