What is your best Newcastle United Moment ?

Guest Rob 1988

Guest jonnyameobi

Everything about last season was amazing, visiting grounds we'll hopefully never see ever again, always going into a match knowing your going to win (couple of exceptions). The whole experience will stick with me forever

I didn't see the Stoke game but went up for the Boro home one. I barely even celebrated when Taylor equalised - it was just relief and "right, let's start this one again". When Martins took the lead for us fairly late-ish on, and then Lovenkrands settling it; never celebrated like it before. As has been said, just anger, tension, frustration, relief - i too was postive we'd be okay.

Bunch of fucking wasters them lot, not managing to pick up a solitary point (or goal) against either Fulham or Villa. Pathetic.

I remember our fans staying outside the ground for ages after full time. There were party scenes, especially when the Boro fans walked past. It was if we were already safe....we certainly should've been. But as a standalone night, it was wonderful.

I didn't see the Stoke game but went up for the Boro home one. I barely even celebrated when Taylor equalised - it was just relief and "right, let's start this one again". When Martins took the lead for us fairly late-ish on, and then Lovenkrands settling it; never celebrated like it before. As has been said, just anger, tension, frustration, relief - i too was postive we'd be okay.

Bunch of fucking wasters them lot, not managing to pick up a solitary point (or goal) against either Fulham or Villa. Pathetic.

Sort of.... :hmm:

Certainly not our best moment, but when I watch Carroll's equaliser away to Stoke in our relegation season it still makes me think 'f***ing yes, man!'....gets the blood flowing, despite the goal being in vain in the end.

this, being from stoke aswell added to the relief, and at that point i thought we would stay up :(

Apart from the usual suspects (Feyenoord away, Milan away, Leicester 7-1 last day of the promotion season, Filth 3-1 NYD (twice, but a preference for the game where Beardsley scored all 3 - I'm fortunate to have witnessed them all in the flesh) plus watching the 5-0 humping of Man U and the Tino 3-2 game V Barcelona on TV, here's a few others that I remember fondly:

1972 3-2 at home to Leeds (Jinky Jim scoring direct from a corner).

1976 3-1 at home to Spurs in the League Cup semi final.

1982 5-1 at Rotherham (Packed away end,4 goal Keegan, Terry Mac, Match of the Day)

1984 4-1 at Pompey (Beardsley wonder goal after Keegan hospital ball)

1985 1-0 at home to Liverpool (George Reilly from Ian Stewart's cross, Gazza bossing the double winners and nutmegging their player/manager one K Dalglish)

1993 2-1 at Millwall (Virtually acheived promotion that day our last ever appearance at the Old Den, fisticuffs a plenty that day)

1993 2-1 at Spurs (Beardsley in the last minute, Mike Jeffrey debut)

1994 3-2 at Arsenal ( Days after Antwerp away, Ruel Fox smashing in the winner from close range)

There's plenty more where these came from.

Did David mills get the other goal?

My lass got bitten off a police dog at the tube station before that millwall game.

Guest prestonj1989

Certainly not our best moment, but when I watch Carroll's equaliser away to Stoke in our relegation season it still makes me think 'f***ing yes, man!'....gets the blood flowing, despite the goal being in vain in the end.

this, being from stoke aswell added to the relief, and at that point i thought we would stay up :(

That is certainly up there as well for me. It was the most I have celebrated a goal - lost my car keys in the process :)

Mills scored at Boro the season after.. when we lost 3-2. Maybe its that game you're thinking of.

Probably.

Our first away game of that season was at Leeds when John Anderson got the winner, our second away game was at Boro and both Keegan and Mills scored for the first time together in a game.  They did that once again later in the season, I think that time was against Fulham.

I don't think it was Mills, I'm sure it was Todd.

:thup:

Am I confusing this with Boro away same season?

Mills scored at Boro the season after.. when we lost 3-2. Maybe its that game you're thinking of.

getting old, the memory is fading. ( this was the first season i started going to matches with me mates instead of my dad)

Our first away game of that season was at Leeds when John Anderson got the winner, our second away game was at Boro and both Keegan and Mills scored for the first time together in a game.  They did that once again later in the season, I think that time was against Fulham.

Aye. 2 goals in the last 2 minutes. Fantastic.

I just cant remember playing Leeds at all that season  :undecided:

I remember it for some of the wrong reasons.  The Leeds fans pelted bricks at us as soon as we got off the bus and a mate was arrested and locked up for picking one up and throwing it back.

I remember it for some of the wrong reasons.  The Leeds fans pelted bricks at us as soon as we got off the bus and a mate was arrested and locked up for picking one up and throwing it back.

there was big thing in the papers about the bother at that game. pics of toon fans climbing up into the leeds seats for a scrap.

there was big thing in the papers about the bother at that game. pics of toon fans climbing up into the leeds seats for a scrap.

I didn't see any during the game but it was like Afghanistan before and after.  The soft bastards were quite happy throwing bricks from a distance, they weren't as happy when some of our fans got behind them and everything kicked off.

Guest 3-1 NYD

I didn't see any during the game but it was like Afghanistan before and after.  The soft bastards were quite happy throwing bricks from a distance, they weren't as happy when some of our fans got behind them and everything kicked off.

Spot on, they didn't want to know after the game when the plod decided to let us out.

As for the game itself, we won 1-0 (Waddle scored) and John Anderson went in goal after Martin Thomas was taken off injured?  Or was it the other way round?? Whatever,Happy Days

Guest secteur2010

Watching my brother take the ball full in the face in the Gallowgate from a Mick Quinn howler. Knocked him clean off the concrete bollards and into the blokes behind him. Think it may have been in 89/90? Memories shit.

Edit: Blackburn Rover - 1989 2-1 home win to NUFC. I think. Definitely remember the concrete bollards for some reason.

i got chased through a building site off some yorkshire git who was trying to hit me with one of those big clay pipes. there was little trouble in the ground but there was loads before (round the ground) and after (in the city centre around the train station).

i think it was waddle who went in goal after kevin carr got injured.

Spot on, they didn't want to know after the game when the plod decided to let us out.

As for the game itself, we won 1-0 (Waddle scored) and John Anderson went in goal after Martin Thomas was taken off injured?  Or was it the other way round?? Whatever,Happy Days

I'm sure Anderson scored and I think it was Waddle who went in goal.