What is your best Newcastle United Moment ?

Guest Rob 1988

Aside from whats been mentioned,  Obafemi Martins goal away at Spurs when we were 1-0 down and he lashed it in at about 100 mph always sticks in my mind for some reason.  Purely unexpectedness and joy when that one went in.

That goal made it 2-2. Paul Huntington got the first equaliser.

The 85th minute goal against Portsmouth that kept us in division 1 early 90s. Headed down by Mickey Quinn to Ned Kelly who smashed it into the Gallowgate end, loudest roar I ever heard.

Good shout, twas amazing.

The 85th minute goal against Portsmouth that kept us in division 1 early 90s. Headed down by Mickey Quinn to Ned Kelly who smashed it into the Gallowgate end, loudest roar I ever heard.

This.  :coolsmiley:

Really hard to choose one specific moment though.

My favorite moment is Craig Bellamy Goal against Feyenoord in the 2002-2003 Uefa Champions League First group stage

Clive Tyldesley still gives me the chills when he screams Bellamy !!!

Good Times :smitten:

This.

"BELLAMY, IT'S THERE!"

I would love to get a copy of the full game on DVD, complete with the up to date goals from the Kiev and Juve match.

My favorite moment is Craig Bellamy Goal against Feyenoord in the 2002-2003 Uefa Champions League First group stage

It was Jon Champion, thank god.

I'd probably pick the feynoord game, too. Although the draw and shearer's 2 goals at the san siro is quite good, too.

Edgar leveling things up in '07 against Man U @ SJP.  Loved the emotion he showed after scoring it.

"IT'S CREPT IN! IT'S DAVID EDGAR!" - was hungover to fuck, remember it clear as a bell mind.

Carroll's goal at Stoke was pretty special too. The hope, relief and pride that came with that goal.

Asprilla against Barca!

Phillipe Albert chipping in the fifth, never been so surprised or amazed watching football.

Martin's thunderbolt against Spurs came out of nowhere, that was incredible.

When Keegan got back out of his car to sign my training top at Maiden Castle, even though he was about to leave.

Guest palnese

My first game at SJP v Leeds in 2000/2001.

Løvenkrands' goal vs Boro 2008/2009. I thought we would stay up.

AS9s penalty, Testimonial.

Keegans return.

Aside from whats been mentioned,  Obafemi Martins goal away at Spurs when we were 1-0 down and he lashed it in at about 100 mph always sticks in my mind for some reason.  Purely unexpectedness and joy when that one went in.

That goal made it 2-2. Paul Huntington got the first equaliser.

Oh yeah.

Shearer's second against Spurs extra time of the FA Cup Semi at Old Trafford sticks out. What a goal and Tyldesly's commentary is fantastic. Which is a sentence I've never typed before :lol:

Still though I'd have to go with Shearer's record breaker. Living away from Newcastle I've never got to more than 5 games a season so you learn to savour each experience, we lucked out me and my Dad with that one, a man at my Dad's work offered him his season ticket for the game as he was on holiday and Dad bought another ticket for me. I was in the Gallowgate behind the goal, he was in the corner where Shearer ran to celebrate. It was perfect to see my hero, my idol since I was 6 years old break the great Milburn's record at the end where I was sat without a doubt one of the happiest moments of my life. The atmosphere after that goal was amazing, the Gallowgate was absolutely rocking, such a fantastic experience.

So many great moments mentioned in here. Reminds me why I'm a Newcastle fan :)

Guest Rob 1988

It was Jon Champion, thank god.

I'd probably pick the feynoord game, too. Although the draw and shearer's 2 goals at the san siro is quite good, too.

Shit you are Right  :-[

Bellamy vs Feyenoord, the 4-3 win at Leeds, 3-1 at Arsenal and to be honest, when Jenas made it 1-0 vs Man Utd in 2003 with that thunderbolt of a shot, I thought we were winning the league for real.

I haven't been to that many games living in Sweden, but the 2-0 win over Nottingham last season was one of the best experiences of my life.

Albeeeeeeeert 5-0

Ginola juggling the ball before volleying top corner in europe

3-0 West Ham at home the game after we outplayed man u but lost 1-0 (30 shots on target or something)

Every time Tino was on the pitch

Laurent Robert v spurs

Shola backheels to Shearer for the record v portsmouth

Andy Carroll v Villa (same school as me)

1-0 down 4-1 up

O'Brien over the wall is definitely one of them.

I remember watching it round me grandma's a a bairn. :)

Was on delayed on Tyne Tees i seem to remember.

love how he loses his voice.

On the same note i remember some horrifically biased commentary by Jonathan Pearce when we got past Zagreb.

Guest Jungle Barry

Leeds 3 Newcastle 4 in 2001. Top of the league for Christmas. What a brilliant day.

Special mention to the 12,000 in the San Siro and Shearer for his two goals.

Unforgettable

I can recall stand out games like Barca, Metz, West Ham. Probably a couple more but generally Tino was shite. Cult figure for his Euro exploits but overall his time on Tyneside has been sugarcoated by misty eyed sentamentalists.