What is your best Newcastle United Moment ?

Guest Rob 1988

5-0 against Manure

4-3 Barcelona

4-1 mackems

Shearers goal against Portsmouth

KK's return in 2008. We know how it ended but the feeling on that night when he came back out of nowhere was fucking unreal and the town was absolutely buzzing.

3-2.

I think it is easy to pick the great moment  from our wins but one thing stand out to me is after losing 5-1 at St James in Dec 08. Our fans still manage to give a standing ovation for Steven Gerrard. After seeing that I feel so proud to associate with this club and to call it its my club. 

What is your best Newcastle United Moment ?

My favorite moment is Craig Bellamy Goal against Feyenoord in the 2002-2003 Uefa Champions League First group stage

Clive Tyldesley still gives me the chills when he screams Bellamy !!!

Good Times :smitten:

This.

"BELLAMY, IT'S THERE!"

Pretty sure it was "IT'S IN!"

I think it is easy to pick the great moment  from our wins but one thing stand out to me is after losing 5-1 at St James in Dec 08. Our fans still manage to give a standing ovation for Steven Gerrard. After seeing that I feel so proud to associate with this club and to call it its my club. 

:lol:

Fuck off man, it's getting stupid.

f*** off man, it's getting stupid.

I don't expect anything from you moron

I can recall stand out games like Barca, Metz, West Ham. Probably a couple more but generally Tino was shite. Cult figure for his Euro exploits but overall his time on Tyneside has been sugarcoated by misty eyed sentamentalists.

Aye not the most consistent. Loved him as a 14 yr old at the time tho.

:dowie:

I never clapped or cheered the scouse cunt off the field. He's a pice of shit tbh. 

Come back when you've been within 500 miles of SJP. :lol:

The 3-2 Barca game was the best game I've ever been to. There was just something special in the air that night that I've not experienced since. Of course you had Tino's wonderful hattrick but seeing Keith Gillespie rip Barca several new arseholes was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. Plus the atmosphere that night was the greatest I've ever heard and I guess for those like me who are too young to remember the 70's and 80's, I don't think we will ever get a better atmosphere than that.

Honourable mentions to some overlooked moments:

- Shearers hattrick V Leicester.

- Shearers testimonial.

-Demolishing Everton in the FA cup, Ketsbaia, Shearer et al with no roof on the Leazes and Milburn.

- Roberts second against Spurs; the whole ground literally sat in silence for a second or two after the goal went in while their brains processed the fucking unbelievable sight coming in through their eyeballs.

- Carl Cort's debut.

5-0 game against Man Utd.

I was 10. My parents owned a pub in Wylam where we would all watch the games on Sky...practically the whole village. The kids sitting at the front, all the older guys, the cricket team, parents of my friends, locals etc behind. Loved watching games there, sipping coke and eating crisps. Every game was great there. But the atmosphere in that smallish pub that day. Everyone angling into the corner watching in awe on a big old tv. The jubilation on everyones faces, my brother getting picked up and swirled round by the older guys because he had hair like Warren Barton. I'll never forget that day as long as I live, and the hours of football we went and played on the school fields after, shouting SHEARER and GINOLA whenever someone scored, all of us wearing toon tops. It was amazing.

Its closely followe d by my first ever home game, 3-2 against Bilboa in the Wafa cup. Sitting in the east stand watching Pedro and Cole rip into them. Shame about the 2 goals hey scored that in the end saw them through mind.

5-0 game against Man Utd.

I was 10. My parents owned a pub in Wylam where we would all watch the games on Sky...practically the whole village. The kids sitting at the front, all the older guys, the cricket team, parents of my friends, locals etc behind. Loved watching games there, sipping coke and eating crisps. Every game was great there. But the atmosphere in that smallish pub that day. Everyone angling into the corner watching in awe on a big old tv. The jubilation on everyones faces, my brother getting picked up and swirled round by the older guys because he had hair like Warren Barton. I'll never forget that day as long as I live, and the hours of football we went and played on the school fields after, shouting SHEARER and GINOLA whenever someone scored, all of us wearing toon tops. It was amazing.

Its closely followe d by my first ever home game, 3-2 against Bilboa in the Wafa cup. Sitting in the east stand watching Pedro and Cole rip into them. Shame about the 2 goals hey scored that in the end saw them through mind.

Cheers Mate

Mine also was the 5-0 against the Mancs, one bit that I liked the most in that game was when Phillipe Albert lobbed the ball into the net over Peter "I'm a wanker" Scmeichel. Absolutely wonderful, the look on Albert's face when he scored that goal.

Guest firetotheworks

Watching Ginola's shot fly past Shmeichel. Peacock's goal only just being a goal made it's significance so much better. Amazing moment.

Am going to resist saying 5-0 vs manu, and go with one of my other highlights from that era.

ginola goal vs  ferenvacos

which is probably the best goal i have EVER seen.

That Ferencváros game is one of the highlights for me, too. I was at St James' but was living in Budapest at the time, so it was extra sweet.

The one memory that burns the strongest for me as a Newcastle fan is a different one to the rest. I'm only 18 so don't have a massive amount to choose from, I'm too young to remember the real Keegan years properly.

But anyway for me it's the Man Utd semi-final at Cardiff. I know what your thinking, absolutely shit day. But this was my first 'away' match. The first time I'd seen top competitive football outside of SJP. The specific memory is being 3-0 down but outsinging Manure fans all day. Then Shola pops up to make it 3-1, our end goes absolutely mental. It's then that it hits you what it means to be a Newcastle fan, how special the club and the supporters are.

Other stand outs, dismissing games I wasn't at, are Shearer's record breaker and the celebrations in my corner and Keegans return against Stoke (4-1).

Thinking about it the Villa match is one of the most special I've ever been to, the nerves before it thinking it could all go tits up and we'd be in for another long season then thumping them 6-0 is something.

either Feyenoord away when Bellamy scored...

Inter away when hundreds of pissed up Geordies were doing the 'Ameobi' in the main square, with loads of locals / coppers watching...

or after we qualified for the Champions League and the whole of SJP was singing 'Geordies in the champions league'... made the hairs on my balls stand on end.

Winning the Fairs Cup in '69 ; nobody gave us a hope against Ujpest Dosza in the final because they had

previously knocked out Leeds comfortably - Leeds were the best team in the country then.

First leg at SJP was amazing - 60,000 crammed in,  I was in the Gallowgate end where all the goals were scored. Looked as if we were not going to score until Moncur belted one in from a corner. Then he came up again and swapped passes with(I think) Benny Arentoft and stuck one across their keeper into the far corner.

Each time a goal was scored, you were swept forward by about 20 feet with the movement of the crowd

and you could hardly hear anything anyone said to you. Jimmy Scott topped it all off with a brave run and lob over the keeper for No 3 and we were in dreamland. Voice had just about gone by the time we got out at the end.

The second leg in Hungary was much tougher and they pounded us in the first half, scoring twice, but Moncur did it again, and they collapsed. Foggon scored a memorable goal, racing into their half, smashing the ball against the bar, then hitting the rebound in for our 3rd.

First trophy since 1955 and to date, the last major silverware we have won. The team were far from the most skilled, but had huge hearts. Big Wyn scared continentals to death with his huge leaps and Robson scored some great goals and an absolute belter from 30 yds against Sporting Lisbon after a Wyn knock-down.

Defence were probably the best we've had as a unit in the past 40 years.

The Man U 5-0 was brill but ultimately, it didn't mean anything...if we had done them like that at SJP the previous season we may have won the title as they would have been shell-shocked.