What is your best Newcastle United Moment ?

Guest Rob 1988

My first ever game against 1860 Munich 3-2 in 2001. Age 7 ;)

Man Utd game 4-3

Feyenoord 3-2, that was a special game, i couldn't sleep al night

KK's return, i rememebr after getting my haircut i was walking through a street and i saw a tele and sky sports was on so i casually strolled up close enough to see it and when i say KK Returns all over the tele i ran straight up to the window, probabaly scared the s*** out of the bloke sitting in the front room and went f***ing mad! The game was special too :lol:

Perhaps not my best moment, but at Shearer's testamonial, when the whole ground were waving the scarves..........fucking awesome sight to behold.

Can't believe ANYONE would pick an embarrassing home defeat as their best moment, just because fans gave one of the opposition players a good reception. Seriously, how embarrassing and what a loser.

First trophy since 1955 and to date, the last major silverware we have won. The team were far from the most skilled, but had huge hearts. Big Wyn scared continentals to death with his huge leaps and Robson scored some great goals and an absolute belter from 30 yds against Sporting Lisbon after a Wyn knock-down.

Defence were probably the best we've had as a unit in the past 40 years.

You're probably right. It's always been a frustration to me that we haven't seen many good defenders over the years.

Thinking of more recent 'best moments', I wonder where Joey Barton's strike against the Villa is going to sit in years to come. The self-confidence of a whole club seemed to be restored in that moment.

obvious ones but 5-0 & barca 3-2 for me

other little shit like running around inside rushden and diamonds ground trying to find a phone and asking beardsley where it was :lol:

friendly in anderlecht after the charity shield bloodbath in the same hotel as the players trying to bum tickets off gillespie

The 5-0 win over Manchester United

Bellamy's goal against Feynoord, don't think i ever enjoyed a goal that much

Asprilla's Hatrick against Barcelona.

The Palermo game a few seasons back, when they were on top of the Serie-A and we started with Luque upfront and Tim Krul in goal, and ended up winning 1-0 with a Luque header and an incredible peformance from Krul.

The 6-0 win over Villa this season, just made a whole season in the championship look worth it.

The 85th minute goal against Portsmouth that kept us in division 1 early 90s. Headed down by Mickey Quinn to Ned Kelly who smashed it into the Gallowgate end, loudest roar I ever heard.

This. Was amazing to be a part of it (I was in the Scoreboard that day)

The first thing I thought of was the Bellamy goal in Feyenoord. I wasn't even watching it, I was listening to it on my girlfriends bed with a massive pair of headphones on. Went mental when that goal went in.

In all honesty, when Carroll tucked away his 3rd against Villa it felt pretty fucking good. The whole game had so may potential implications both with regards to Carroll and Newcastle. Haven't been so excited about football for a long time. I couldn't stop thinking about the result for days!

The Palermo game a few seasons back, when they were on top of the Serie-A and we started with Luque upfront and Tim Krul in goal, and ended up winning 1-0 with a Luque header and an unbelievable peformance from Krul.

fyp

Guest Roger Kint

Cant narrow to one moment:

Walking into the ground v Barca, the atmosphere was incredible as their team was read out, never dipped for the rest of the game. Probably never feel that again.

Shearer testimonial, lot of emotion and the sight of the scarfs

Feyenoord game, watching as ITV cut to Kiev and that amazing twist as we go 3-2 up

5-0, the Albert goal and later watching the match at home again to hear the commentary

3-1 Arsenal, surrounded by mackems expecting us to be battered and ending the night singing '3-1 and were top the league....' oh and having £5 on the correct score at 66-1  :celb:

4-1 derby, remember fearing the worst at HT then the most unbeleivable 7 minutes ever happened. The groundsman bloke at the end with the flags :mackems:

So many more.....

4-1 derby, remember fearing the worst at HT then the most unbeleivable 7 minutes ever happened. The groundsman bloke at the end with the flags :mackems:

My favourite memory of that match was the Mackem pitch invader. Ran on, threw his shirt and season ticket at Kevin Ball and as he was being dragged off Roeder extended a hand and he shook it :lol:

aye, too many to narrow down to 1 moment but here's a few (in my lifetime)

keegan being 'crowned' after the match against grimsby that secured promotion

6-0 up against leicester in the 1st half in the last game of the 92-93 season

5-0 against man united, '... philippe alberrrt, absolutely glorious!'

'tino's 3rd goal going in against barcelona in the champions league

sir bobby's unveiling at st james park, knowing we'd finally got him

bellamy's goal against feyenoord

shearer's goal against inter .... 'and newcastle united have taken the lead in the san siro'

Guest Roger Kint

My favourite memory of that match was the Mackem pitch invader. Ran on, threw his shirt and season ticket at Kevin Ball and as he was being dragged off Roeder extended a hand and he shook it :lol:

;D God yeah i forgot that, remember hearing the radio interview with Ball afterwards and he said it was just the ST sleave he made some comment about the lad not even doing it right iirc, still a great moment though. Also Roeder & Chopra coming out after the game while we were made to wait to leave. Would have loved Sly to still be rolling when that lad kicked off with the flags though, would have been on Soccer AM every week ;D

5-0 against Manure

4-3 Barcelona

4-1 mackems

Shearers goal against Portsmouth

KK's return in 2008. We know how it ended but the feeling on that night when he came back out of nowhere was fucking unreal and the town was absolutely buzzing.

3-2.

Well spotted  :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think it is easy to pick the great moment  from our wins but one thing stand out to me is after losing 5-1 at St James in Dec 08. Our fans still manage to give a standing ovation for Steven Gerrard. After seeing that I feel so proud to associate with this club and to call it its my club. 

:lol:

f*** off man, it's getting stupid.

This :lol:

either Feyenoord away when Bellamy scored...

Inter away when hundreds of pissed up Geordies were doing the 'Ameobi' in the main square, with loads of locals / coppers watching...

or after we qualified for the Champions League and the whole of SJP was singing 'Geordies in the champions league'... made the hairs on my balls stand on end.

First time round when the mackems and smogs went down on the same day...magic!

Guest Roger Kint

Jesus Disco i forgot that, we battered Forest and were all standing waiting for a lap of honour when the word filtered round that Shef Wed got a 2-2(iirc) draw with Liverpool and we had stolen 2nd and the Champions League. The whole place was bouncing celebrating then the PA announced the double relegation. So many individual highs in the space of an hour there like.