Things that have just been pushed too far

mrmojorisin75

not much explanation needed, examples:

Hollywood movie comic book adaptations

Apple and the amount of iPods they release

Thread topics on this board

They have to do it, with the amount of competition around.

should have said, the amount of iPods they release that never really do anything different but are sold as revolutionary changes or some shit - just selling the same shit every time in a slightly smaller way/different shape or whatever

i love Apple gear but they can fuck off with iPods now, how many years down the line? they've not progressed them enough for me

The iPod is still one of the greatest inventions of our time like. With the iPhone you get a phone an mp3 player, you can browse the web and you can watch videos on it. What do you want it do do for you? Fly you to the moon?

The iPod is still one of the greatest inventions of our time like. With the iPhone you get a phone an mp3 player, you can browse the web and you can watch videos on it. What do you want it do do for you? Fly you to the moon?

maaaan, i'm talking about the year on year 'revamps' that do little but change the shape but are accompanied by a media frenzy like they've just invented, say, oh the iPod

apple could be doing different innovative stuff with it guaranteed, they just don't want to

maaaan, i'm talking about the year on year 'revamps' that do little but change the shape but are accompanied by a media frenzy like they've just invented, say, oh the iPod

apple could be doing different innovative stuff with it guaranteed, they just don't want to

Ah now I get you. They do get lighter with every revamp though, that is a plus but yeah, you make a good point with that one.

Ah now I get you. They do get lighter with every revamp though, that is a plus but yeah, you make a good point with that one.

that launch last week man, got my goat:

"wow look at the new iTouch" - it's a fucking iPhone 4 without the phone, nothing to shout about...do something different with it man and i'll pay attention

I don't think the iPod Range is there to be particularly innovative tbh, iPod Touch aside.

They don't touch the Classic, they just leave it alone, that's the one for the adults. The ones for the kids they refresh with ZANY new colours and then theres the iPhonewithoutaphone. I guess that's for fanboys/geekish people without an iPhone/money to get an iPhone.

I think this is a mental thing revolving around their yearly "song and dance" ;) more than anything else. It's not like other companies release fewer players, they're just staggered rather than one yearly hurrah.

I can understand the dislike of this, but I think I've just recognised that I'm not really the target audience for the Apple music event.

"wow look at the new iTouch" - it's a fucking iPhone 4 without the phone, nothing to shout about...do something different with it man and i'll pay attention

They're not ever going to do something other than make it into the phoneless iPhone, you're just gonna have to accept that. iPhone is the number one child, iPod Touch is just the one who gets all the hand-me-downs.

Guest firetotheworks

The idea of Star Wars.

The remastering of past classics.

Reality TV. But that was pushed too far a long while ago.

I don't think the iPod Range is there to be particularly innovative tbh, iPod Touch aside.

They don't touch the Classic, they just leave it alone, that's the one for the adults. The ones for the kids they refresh with ZANY new colours and then theres the iPhonewithoutaphone. I guess that's for fanboys/geekish people without an iPhone/money to get an iPhone.

I think this is a mental thing revolving around their yearly "song and dance" ;) more than anything else. It's not like other companies release fewer players, they're just staggered rather than one yearly hurrah.

I can understand the dislike of this, but I think I've just recognised that I'm not really the target audience for the Apple music event.

They're not ever going to do something other than make it into the phoneless iPhone, you're just gonna have to accept that. iPhone is the number one child, iPod Touch is just the one who gets all the hand-me-downs.

Its not even the best mp3/portable media player imo. I ignore and avoid apple products like I would a crusty fanny in fairness though.

The idea of Star Wars.

The remastering of past classics.

Reality TV. But that was pushed too far a long while ago.

Star Wars is definitely one, mainly because Lucas seems to have no morals when it comes to merchandising or licensing.

Fucking Mr Potatoheads FFS.

The Michael Cera character that he hasn't changed since he was in AD.

This, This, This and This!

Fuck me its tiresome!

Does it well though so why change, been in two of my favourite films of recent time n all. Not seen that someone v something else yet but i imagine its alreet n all.