Are you a phone engineer, in telecoms or have had a line installed... or Dave?

indi

Yeah, kinda.

Someone's stuck stickers all over my house saying that you do, but I suspect they might have been a trained plumber themselves so perhaps their views on the matter aren't 100% unbiased. :dontknow:

my guess is you shouldn't need a plumber to refil the system (i'm guessing its a sealed system through a boiler as opposed to just "turning the domestic supply on"), but be sure you bleed the readiators properly afterwards.

(no indi....i'm not a plumber)

my guess is you shouldn't need a plumber to refil the system (i'm guessing its a sealed system through a boiler as opposed to just "turning the domestic supply on"), but be sure you bleed the readiators properly.

Yeah that's what I thought, but I don't want to screw anything up. Gonna ring the management company tomorrow and see if they'll do it for me.

Another plumbing related question: Is it possible to change the taps if you can't get under the bath? My guess is it isn't. :(

O0 I'll cross it off the list.

Another plumbing related question: Is it possible to change the taps if you can't get under the bath? My guess is it isn't. :(

You've got money for fuck off sized TVs and fridge freezers and all that, so just call a plumber, ffs. :lol:

Tightarse.

You'd need to get the side panel of the bath, they can be tricky as in there's a knack to it.. and if it's a cheap one good odds you'll crack it or damage it unless well practiced. I only know this from fitting a bath once and having to take it off again.

I rang a plumber and even though I'm sure it's a piece of piss I'm going to get them to sort the water/heating out for me, the taps thing sounds like a major job - the bath's all tiled in - so I'm not going to bother at the moment, guests'll just have to have baths or wait for me to drag my arse out of bed first for now.

my guess is you shouldn't need a plumber to refil the system (i'm guessing its a sealed system through a boiler as opposed to just "turning the domestic supply on"), but be sure you bleed the readiators properly.

Yeah that's what I thought, but I don't want to screw anything up. Gonna ring the management company tomorrow and see if they'll do it for me.

Depending on your sink (if its in the bathroom) you can sometimes pull the stand from underneath the sink itself to get under and get to the bottom of the taps. Get someone else to lift the sink up a little and you may be able to slide the stand out. Obviously only for sinks where the actual sink bit is a seperate par to the stand.

Depending on your sink (if its in the bathroom) you can sometimes pull the stand from underneath the sink itself to get under and get to the bottom of the taps. Get someone else to lift the sink up a little and you may be able to slide the stand out. Obviously only for sinks where the actual sink bit is a seperate par to the stand.

Unfortunately, it's the bath. I want to put a shower in, but it's going to be a big job, so I'm going to leave it and spend my money on a kick-arse TV instead. :D

How is the new place then indi? Most things sorted?

The new place is great. Things are coming together, but it's going to take a few weeks to sort everything out properly. I'm gonna take some photos tonight and then come on here and show off about it I reckon. :D

Unfortunately, it's the bath. I want to put a shower in, but it's going to be a big job, so I'm going to leave it and spend my money on a kick-arse TV instead. :D

Of course it's a bath. You say so right in your post. How on earth did I miss that?

This thread needs a pole btw.

:undecided:

:lol:

The thread title was going to be in Polish, until the online translator refused to tell me what "plumber" was. I imagined it sucking the air through its teeth then saying "I ain't going anywhere near that mate."

Anyone know who's cheapest for putting in a phoneline to somewhere with no dial tone, please?

I want to go with Orange because they're cheap if you've already got a mobile, but they say they can't do installations. The bloke said to get the Post Office to do it because they don't tie you in for a year like BT, but I wondered if anyone else was out there.

ta