10 years of Ameobi..

Willow

what did we do to deserve this  :kinnear:

from .com..

On this day in the year 2000, Sir Bobby Robson handed academy forward Shola Ameobi his senior debut, calling him from the bench for the final 20 minutes of a 0-0 draw with Chelsea at SJP.

A month before his 19th birthday, the youngster made an immediate impression on home fans by squaring up to visiting midget Dennis Wise.

Ten years later and he has 62 senior strikes to his name, having made 276 appearances in all competitions (162 starts and 114 sub outings).

There have been highs (scoring in the Nou Camp against Barcelona) and lows (loaned to Stoke City, coming close to joining Ipswich Town), but playing for the 12th manager of his SJP career (including caretakers), he's still in Toon - and as consistently inconsistent as ever... 

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3798/010278643712400.jpg

Average of 6.2 goals per season, which IMO is dreadful.

This boy is one the luckiest people alive.

Tbf when he averages 16.4 starts a season that's not a bad return (although I have completely made that up).

[move]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5859/ameobi.jpg                                                                                           :smitten: >:D[/move]

Average of 6.2 goals per season, which IMO is dreadful.

This boy is one the luckiest people alive.

276 games and 62 goals works out as 1 in every 4.5 games,  but then out of those 276 games he's only started 162.

coupled with his injury record i think its tricky to judge him on his goals.  i'll remember him as one of the most frustrating players i've seen but thank him for his record in derby matches and for putting his career on the line to play for us with a knackered hip when we were down to the bare bones and his goals saved the season.

Guest michaelfoster

When do his testimonial tickets go on sale? Ill have to get onto the site first thing in the morning again like I did with Shearers, although I can see this being busier.

Shola's family will probably fill the stadium tbh

Guest Roger Kint

Not nearly as bad as some people like to make out... as a 4th choice striker he's good enough for us.

The problem is he is 2nd choice behind Carroll and thats fucking shocking for us.

You could make a DVD box set of Shearer's ten year highlights, Shola's would probably fit on one of those rulers where you tilt it and it moves a little image and it goes back and forwards.  You know the ones, mine had dinosaurs on and a little spinning wheel that turned around.  On reflection, this probably isn't the cutting and incisive alalogy I hoped it would be when I started typing this post.