10 years of Ameobi..

Willow

he's at number 24 in the clubs all time goal scorers list and 12th if you go from post war.

That's Sholawang.

Seriously though, scary stuff. :lol:

Think where he'd be on that list if he hadn't been injury every other week for the past 10 years as well,  he'd be up there with the Shearer's, Milburns, Supermac's,  would be around 100 goals....

he's at number 24 in the clubs all time goal scorers list and 12th if you go from post war.

That's Sholawang.

Seriously though, scary stuff. :lol:

Think where he'd be on that list if he hadn't been injury every other week for the past 10 years as well,  he'd be up there with the Shearer's, Milburns, Supermac's,  would be around 100 goals....

Imagine where he would be if the club continued its upward progression and we were able to free ourselves of this useless players years ago. Happy that Geordie Naija man has made a success of himself. Angered that he is still at the club after all these years of frustration.

It's his injury record that gets me. I can accept him being a sub-standard player who will play well once in a while, a squad filler who will command a smaller salary and not whinge about regular games but the fact is at times we have been low on players and he's not even available to come in.

If he were fit all season I'd accept his role in the squad but due to his injuries he is worth replacing. I think if anything the sheer turnover of injury prone strikers (Bellamy, Kluivert, Owen, Martins, Viduka...) has maintained his presence at the club because we never had the luxury of selling our backup. Now I believe that situation has changed - OK we are not blessed with star strikers but we have bodies who can play there.

It goes without saying that if we could get Ameobi, Best and Xisco off the wagebill and replace them with one capable, injury-free striker we'd be better off overall.

I'd rather get ameobi off the wage bill and see if best and xisco come good, shola has had far too many chances now...

+1

Considering that Shola is such a big guy he really should be trying to play a game (a bit) like Heskey (holding the ball up etc) BUT he is such a let down and has been for 9 years. I think that this season could be his last season if he does not sort himself out. I believe last season would have been his last season at the club but he ended up banging in a few goals which was a stay of execution for him.

I agree with Buzza, Lets give X-i-s-c-o a chance to come good. I think that once or twice this season he has shwn a couple of glimpses of what he can do so lets try and further that whilst at the same time burturing Ranger to become the greatest premiership striker EVER

shola failing the ipswich medical pretty much as bad as relegation in my book.  no idea how he's survived this long

As in how long he's survived in the team, or how long he's actually lived without wandering aimlessly into traffic, falling down the stairs or putting something in a plug socket?

shola failing the ipswich medical pretty much as bad as relegation in my book.  no idea how he's survived this long

As in how long he's survived in the team, or how long he's actually lived without wandering aimlessly into traffic, falling down the stairs or putting something in a plug socket?

:lol: all of the above.  You know when you hear about someone being able to drown in 2 inches of water and you think "who the fuck can drown in two inches of water"?  Shola Ameobi, that's who.