Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

5 minutes ago, Dyeyzzon said:

I think this goal is up there among NUFC goals that made me well up. This, Tiote’s, and Bruno’s recent fourth v Brighton - all for different reasons. :smitten:

Desperate for Jonas to feature in some ‘Newcastle Legends XI’ like we did for Harper’s testimonial. Would not surprise me if he could still do the full 90.

Would add Bruno’s v Leicester at home :love:

We see Nobby involved with the club nowadays but not Jonas. Maybe the club hasn’t engaged with him regarding that or maybe he enjoyed his time here and has love for the club but doesn’t want to do the ambassador thing which is cool if that’s the case.

• 5 months later...
44 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Played for 6 clubs after us, made 75 appearances and scored 0 goals. :lol:

Was never a fan of him as a player but could never fault his attitude. As a manager I hope he smashes it.

Definitely a heart on sleeve type of player. The goal against West Ham at home on final day of the season is a lovely story. 

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Think we'd have stayed up even if we lost that game?

Aye we would have. Also he scored the 2nd goal of the game, and that was in the 85th minute.

I wasn’t there but people who were did think that there was little chance of West Ham coming back into the match late on.

53 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Not sure he's ruthless enough to be a manager, especially a top one, but really hope he makes it and finds his way back over here. 

Yeah he's a nice guy which cuts both ways. Fingers crossed.

Model pro and exactly the sort of character you want at your club regardless.

3 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

I remember it feeling very important and a hell of a relief at the time

The John Carver Era - what a time to be alive

Sissokos was obviously far more important, ignoring the fact as Yorkie says we could have lost in the end

• 3 months later...

He was top class in many ways. Attitude, ability to carry the ball and go past players and buy free kicks. Shame he wasn't that talented in kicking the ball but doubt he would've played for us if that was the case.

Will always remember him fondly.