Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

54 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Shefki Kuqi says hi.

He played for us for about ten minutes! :lol: No way the likes of Rivieire should escape the Hall of Shit just cos we wheeled someone's Grandad onto the pitch in injury time to run the clock down. 

49 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Would have Remy instead of sissoko in Yorkie's team too

Yeah, fair enough to swap a midfielder for an additional striker cos we've had some very good ones. Remy probably just about wins it but peak Carroll, peak Wilson and peak Rondon are all in the conversation. I mean there's an argument to include 2011-12 Cisse by these rules. 

I tried very hard to find somewhere for the ear-fingering greasy soft shite but sadly it wasn't to be, as much as I love him. 

First name on the teamsheet was Hatem, like.

3 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Dubravka

Beye

Lejeune

Coloccini

Jose Enrique

Tiote

Cabaye

Ritchie

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Remy

Not necessarily the best, Ba should be there instead of Carroll, but definitely my favourite

There is a good case for a number of our players to be in any best XI

4 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Dubravka

Beye

Lejeune

Coloccini

Jose Enrique

Tiote

Cabaye

Ritchie

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Remy

Not necessarily the best, Ba should be there instead of Carroll, but definitely my favourite

That team would challenge the current top 4 under say Rafa too, IMO, or dare I say it a top 6 under a Howe?

Given

Beye     Lejeune    Coloccini     Enrique

Merino        Tiote

Maxi               Ben Arfa                  Remy

Ba

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Ritchie at CM and Merino ahead of Cabaye are a couple of berld shouts...

I don’t think so. Well atleast not Merino. He controlled the game better and was generally more involved. Had a bit more finesse imo and was great at winning balls in the air.

I stand by my decision :lol: I liked Cabaye but thought at times he could be quite poor. Where as I think Merino was/is more consistent and apart of the game more(though obviously he only played for us for about half a season). Cabaye sometimes played further forward too which would help him with some of those stats.

Haha, nice to see more people were inspired by making a best/worst Ashley era XI. Maybe split it off in one or two separate threads though? I think we’ve got best pretty much covered and it’s a matter of taste. We have much more shit to swivel through for worst XI though :lol:

Edited by Unbelievable

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I really hope Jonas can make it back to the stadium and be recognized, loved the player. 

I’d bring back half-time hero, but introduce them just before K.O and Jonas would be one of the first names on the list!

Had a part-time job in Primark while completing me master’s dissertation (it was as miserable as you’d think) and he came in with a mate.

Obviously we spoke to him - and got a photo on the shop floor. He had baskets and baskets off clothes so someone on tills politely asked him why. Said he was buying it all to ship back to Argentinian orphanages. The bloke’s a class act. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

• 6 months later...

"The man who knows the true meaning of survival makes sure that Newcastle do survive at this level in what is probably his last game for this club."

Goose bumps moment and epic commentary.

• 11 months later...

I'm still bitter about Ashleys reign, but I really hope in a couple of years that the memory is so faded that the only thing left are memories of the good things - like Jonas.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

:smitten:

I think this goal is up there among NUFC goals that made me well up. This, Tiote’s, and Bruno’s recent fourth v Brighton - all for different reasons. :smitten:

Desperate for Jonas to feature in some ‘Newcastle Legends XI’ like we did for Harper’s testimonial. Would not surprise me if he could still do the full 90.