Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest neesy111

I don't get how we can criticise this guy, unbelievable. So, he's got no competition which is making him lazy. Name some wingers we could've got at a fair price that would have challenged him, that would've come to a relegation battling team just up from the Championship?... He's the best we're going to get in our position right now, no, he may not be a player that could help us progress to the Euro spots (if we get to that position to challenge for them in the next few years), but he's a good enough player for the position this club's in right now. Ridiculous to start slating these sorts of players.

A winger that can't cross a ball is as much use as the Popes dick.

Exactly, wingers job are to cross the ball mainly and provide crosses to the strikers.  Look at nani yesterday, 2 fantastic crosses and 2 goals.

Exactly the reason why I've been suggesting to play him in more central role for ages aready...Just think about how lazy Nolan would look compared to Jonas' work rate in the same role?

That possibly could work, with Ben Arfa then playing on the left.

I don't get how we can criticise this guy, unbelievable. So, he's got no competition which is making him lazy. Name some wingers we could've got at a fair price that would have challenged him, that would've come to a relegation battling team just up from the Championship?... He's the best we're going to get in our position right now, no, he may not be a player that could help us progress to the Euro spots (if we get to that position to challenge for them in the next few years), but he's a good enough player for the position this club's in right now. Ridiculous to start slating these sorts of players.

That is cringeworthy to say that we can't criticize the guy.

He's the worst winger I've seen play for Newcastle.  I think stats will also back this up in terms of assists and goals as well.

Some people are beyond help.

Again name me a winger over the last 20 years that couldn't cross a ball, or even shoot properly.

He's got a decent shot on him for a kick off although his crossing is hit and miss.

Milner and Duff spring to mind in recent times.

Guest neesy111

He's the worst winger I've seen play for Newcastle.  I think stats will also back this up in terms of assists and goals as well.

Again name me a winger over the last 20 years that couldn't cross a ball, or even shoot properly.

He's got a decent shot on him for a kick off although his crossing is hit and miss.

Decent shot :lol:  I've seen one against barnsley in over 2 years now.

Just look at his record, he scored 1 goal an average 30 games now.  That for a midfielder is dreadful.  That puts more pressure on the rest of the team to score more goals as well.

Just look at his record, he scored 1 goal an average 30 games now.  That for a midfielder is dreadful.  That puts more pressure on the rest of the team to score more goals as well.

Have any of the other midfielders got better records than that (other than Nolan!)?

What are you on!?  ;D

Aye because I'd take Nolans goals over Gutierrez work rate every day of the week.

Lets be honest we're a newly promoted side, most if not all our players have their weaknesses. It's why we won't be pushing for Europe. If we ever push on one day Jonas will probably need to be replaced but as it stands we have bigeer issues.

As things currently stand he's good enough for what we are he grafts; takes men on; provides Enrique with someone to run off and provide service himself and puts the odd decent ball into the box.

Guest neesy111

Have any of the other midfielders got better records than that (other than Nolan!)?

Guthrie, Barton all have scored in the premiership for us for starters.  But its a big problems overall though.

Guest neesy111

Aye because I'd take Nolans goals over Gutierrez work rate every day of the week.

Lets be honest we're a newly promoted side, most if not all our players have their weaknesses. It's why we won't be pushing for Europe. If we ever push on one day Jonas will probably need to be replaced but as it stands we have bigeer issues.

As things currently stand he's good enough for what we are he grafts; takes men on; provides Enrique with someone to run off and provide service himself and puts the odd decent ball into the box.

You need a good quality final ball in this division, he got away with it last season in championship.  The same can be said of Routledge but at least he can deliver a ball, unlike this chap.

Guthrie, Barton all have scored in the premiership for us for starters.  But its a big problems overall though.

Barton has scored 3 goals in the Prem for the club so far, including 1 pen. Guthrie has scored 2 in the Prem.

Singling out Jonas for 'putting pressure on the rest of the team' is crap.

I still love you Jonas.

But, his crossing is a major issue. Its got to the point where I'm actually surprised when he delivers a good cross. I don't know what he can do to rectify this other than to stay behind for an extra hour after training with a couple of coaches and just practice crossing from various areas of the pitch.

You need a good quality final ball in this division, he got away with it last season in championship.  The same can be said of Routledge but at least he can deliver a ball, unlike this chap.

He provides far more quality than Smith, Barton, Nolan et al.

I still love you Jonas.

But, his crossing is a major issue. Its got to the point where I'm actually surprised when he delivers a good cross. I don't know what he can do to rectify this other than to stay behind for an extra hour after training with a couple of coaches and just practice crossing from various areas of the pitch.

If he hasn't laerned how to cross a ball by this point in his career then there's no hope.

Guest neesy111

Again, do they play wide NO.  Then they are not expected as part of their role in the team to do that.  That's like saying was gary spped ever a good crosser of the ball compared to Viana.

Guest neesy111

I still love you Jonas.

If he hasn't laerned how to cross a ball by this point in his career then there's no hope.

That's what I agree, he should of learnt this stuff a long time ago.

The problem is he's nothing like an orthadox winger. His qualities are his workrate, ability to carry the ball and take people on and his reasonable short passing game. We play basically a 4-4-2 with a target man and 2 natural wingers, yet when you have 2 wingers with questionable end product this means when things aren't going our way the numbers game of simply getting it wide and hoying it into the box is going to cause a lot of frustration.

This is why Nolan is the problem for me. He offers nothing in that second striker role, his only positive is being a half decent goal poacher. Replace him with Ben Arfa to properly play the role in behind Carroll and it will give both Routledge and Jonas a get out, an axis to play off and get the best out of their abilities. Having a proper #10 benefits Carroll aswell because it means we have somebody who can get onto the ball when Carroll wins almost everything in the air.

We'd look a much better allround team without Nolan, I'm sure of it.

Guest neesy111

The problem is he's nothing like an orthadox winger. His qualities are his workrate, ability to carry the ball and take people on and his reasonable short passing game. We play basically a 4-4-2 with a target man and 2 natural wingers, yet when you have 2 wingers with questionable end product this means when things aren't going our way the numbers game of simply getting it wide and hoying it into the box is going to cause a lot of frustration.

This is why Nolan is the problem for me. He offers nothing in that second striker role, his only positive is being a half decent goal poacher. Replace him with Ben Arfa to properly play the role in behind Carroll and it will give both Routledge and Jonas a get out, an axis to play off and get the best out of their abilities. Having a proper #10 benefits Carroll aswell because it means we have somebody who can get onto the ball when Carroll wins almost everything in the air.

Should we try him in the middle then ???

I would like to see him have a go in nolan's current role. (We should have tried this out in pre season)

Again, do they play wide NO.  Then they are not expected as part of their role in the team to do that.  That's like saying was gary spped ever a good crosser of the ball compared to Viana.

...but they are, Nolan and Barton are supposed to be major players in the final third. The least you can say about Jonas is he commits defenders and gives Enrique plenty of oppertunities to whack a decent cross in.

No, just play Ben Arfa there and leaving the Jonas - Enrique partnership as it is.

Guest neesy111

...but they are, Nolan and Barton are supposed to be major players in the final third. The least you can say about Jonas is he commits defenders and gives Enrique plenty of oppertunities to whack a decent cross in.

No, just play Ben Arfa there and leaving the Jonas - Enrique partnership as it is.

The dropping of Nolan, is our biggest issue I feel.  Because as club captain he is very likely not to be.

Guest neesy111

Nolan will start every game that he's fit.

Then our manager will be criticized by many for that until he drops him.  Unless results prove otherwise.