Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Woodgate clearly has fitness problems. If he was still any good, he'd be in the first team at Spurs.

But he is first team? he'd probably be starting if fit.

But he's not fit, in fact Sol Campbell is currently light years ahead of him in the fitness stakes, which is criminal.

Would be a good signing for Blackpool, where half fit he's better than any of their defenders, and by the end of the season he might get to a level of fitness to where he's can be a 1st teamer but IHMO he'll get injured way before that happens.

It would be a dreadful signing.

:sadnod:

It would be a brilliant signing if he was fully fit, because he's the best CB I've seen play for us in my lifetime. But he's not fit, and he's ridiculously injury prone, so it would be completely and utterly pointless.

A lot of managers have wanted to harness SWP's talent, including a string of England managers and Mourinho, was was prepared to pay £20 million for him. He's got something.

I gather that he started off as a striker, and I've often wanted to see how he'd manage in that Beardsley-type free role, linking midfield and attack. He's been operating out wide, where I think his defensive limitations get exposed and he ends up a bit marginalised. He's also got a terrific long-range shot, so why not stick him in the centre. It feels like, throughout his career, he's ended up being given less responsibility, rather than more.

I'm not saying it would definitely work, but it's worth a go.

f*** off to SWP, Keane and Woodgate.

SWP - not the qualities we need, costly (salary)

Keane - costly, been s*** for a good while

Woodgate - Are people seriously interested in this player?? He is a walking injury ffs.

What a load of utter rubbish. Fair enough, say you don't want him for money/age reasons, but the suggestion that he's 's***' is ludicrous.

Split on SWP really.

I personally think he is better than Routledge but then we have Barton playing his best football on the right and Routledge is adequate back up.

:sadnod: Pretty much my take on it.

Surely folk would take Keane. He's several leagues above the other options to partner Carroll.

Only on loan which I'm pretty sure won't be an option.

Keane is as you said clearly miles ahead our other options to partner Carroll, however he's only going to get worse and for the amount he'd cost (5m-6m) I think it would be a waste of money considering we aren't in the shit in terms of needing a big boost to improve our survival chances. I don't think it would be a gamble not signing another striker because I think we'll stay up pretty comfortably and then can look at improving our squad short and long term in the summer.

Woodgate - Are people seriously interested in this player?? He is a walking injury ffs.

What a load of utter rubbish. Fair enough, say you don't want him for money/age reasons, but the suggestion that he's 's***' is ludicrous.

Let's ask liverpudlians aye?

Not really fair that one is it? :lol: he was there 6 months under a manager who didn't want him, hardly got a fair shot.

Aye, we'll ask them about Michael Owen while we're at it :thup:

Hardly the same thing..

Hardly the same thing..

They don't like Keane because he didn't play very well there, but they like Owen because he did play very well there.

Just shows that his appearance at one club doesn't shape his career. He's been great for Spurs.

Hardly the same thing..

They don't like Keane because he didn't play very well there, but they like Owen because he did play very well there.

Just shows that his appearance at one club doesn't shape his career. He's been great for Spurs.

Of course not, but the keyword is "when". When did he play well? When have he been mediocre?

Great for Spurs - again - when?

Wright-Philips is a better winger than Routledge by some distance - would be a good loan signing but his wages(and also ,now, his age) rule him out as a permanent signing...the same facts also apply to Keane but he too would be a plus for the squad as a loan signing. Both would give far more attacking options than the side currently possesses.

Barton is a good passer of the ball but lacks the pace to play permanently on the wing.

As for Woodgate, his time has long gone - great defender when fit but too many issues.