Roeder in the Academy

Ally

I know its another Roeder thread, but anyway.

Just read that Lawro rubbish on nufc.com, and its something that loads of people have said. 'Glenn Roeder did an outstanding job in our Academy'. Did he really? Wasn't there for a particularly long time and I wouldn't say that many players have come through that you'd say, 'god we developed him well.'

Might be wrong like, just seems a common thing for people to say.

Guest Gemmill

One of the first things Roeder said after he was given the job was that there was no one in the Academy good enough to make the step up.  So by his own admission he was doing a shit job. :lol:

Guest Gemmill

I havent seen an reserv game but the results seems have been great, so dont see why they cant make the step up yet

Jesus is bawling.

Guest puretoon

Thats what's wrong with this place-we've got a multi-million pound academy coaching young players, but we don't use them. We sell them to other clubs-THEN bloody well buy them back! crackers innit!  :confused:

You're right in saying GR has taken a lot of credit for stuff he aint done. I'm just wondering if he's owt to do with all the backroom staff leaving???????  stinks dont it!?!??

What gets my back up, and I think there's a lot out there who'd agree, is that other clubs use their players of under 20, but here it's always 'they're too young and will burn out' crap!  what a load of shit! where would the likes of Wayne Rooney be if clubs thought that? if they're good enough, they're old enough!

Thats what's wrong with this place-we've got a multi-million pound academy coaching young players, but we don't use them. We sell them to other clubs-THEN bloody well buy them back! crackers innit!  :confused:

You're right in saying GR has taken a lot of credit for stuff he aint done. I'm just wondering if he's owt to do with all the backroom staff leaving???????  stinks dont it!?!??

What gets my back up, and I think there's a lot out there who'd agree, is that other clubs use their players of under 20, but here it's always 'they're too young and will burn out' crap!  what a load of shit! where would the likes of Wayne Rooney be if clubs thought that? if they're good enough, they're old enough!

I'm sure if we had a player of Rooney's quality in the reserves then he'd have got a game by now :lol:

I'm sure if we had a player of Rooney's quality in the reserves then he'd have got a game by now :lol:

Chopra is better than Rooney, never got a chance though  :roll:

bluewink.gif