Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

I'm still unsure of this lad, but we'll see how the recruits will be this summer, maybe he can get a spell in the Championship through a loan or whatnot. I only feel he's running around like a chicken with no head most of the time he's on the pitch...

I'm still unsure of this lad, but we'll see how the recruits will be this summer, maybe he can get a spell in the Championship through a loan or whatnot. I only feel he's running around like a chicken with no head most of the time he's on the pitch...

He does look a bit unsure when to close down players and when not, but with the ball at his feet he's remarkably calm and composed. I like Fergie and I'm delighted that he's getting chances lately.

It was really nice to have one player playing on their natural side who could take the ball forward, added some much needed variation to our game yesterday.

I just like the way he doesn't piss about. He's neat, his passing is very accurate and he's very fast. Give hiim the ball and you know he'll create space, attempt to make something happen and not waste it like Mr. Obertan has been prone to do

Guest Tyson

His short-mid range passing (with his left peg) is crisp &  accurate. Combine that  with pace and good ball -control/technique, in possession he has the required attributes (as a natural sided FB) that allows a team to play around a sliding press. Defensive finer points need work (positional play & awareness), but a switch to LB should be one of Pardew's current projects, or at the very least in the off-season. 

I would agree with sending him on loan for a season considering Marveux will also be back. I really do like the kid though, yesterday he came on, had a few good runs and grafted his f***ing socks off. He's got the ability but he needs a run of games to improve his confidence and decision making and depending how well that goes, he could be a very good player for us in the future. I'd have him over Obertan now as well but I reckon Pards is gonna give him another season which means it'd be a good time for him to get some football under his belt in the Championship.

There was a moment on Monday when the ball was hoofed up when defending a corner I believe, we had every man behind the ball in our own half, this kid just pelted it out, chased the ball the whole way, forced their defender into a long backpass to stop them playing a pass out wide or putting it straight back in our box... He just carried on chasing with some serious speed that really surprised and unnerved them. That's what it's all about man. We ended up winning the ball back after he carried on running and charged at their keeper, forcing Bolton into a long ball as opposed to playing the good football they had been doing most of the afternoon. Absolutely fantastic effort.

Guest Tyson

Re: this mooted, or suggested loan move.

If we qualify for Europe we'll have a heavy fixture loading to deal with, so our depth will be stretched. And with a notorious injury crock like Marveaux in the selection frame (left side options) it would be suicidal to let our most promising L-sided prospect go. At 20, with ability on his side, minus Ranger's unprofessional attitude, it's the right time to see whether he can handle the big stage. A loan move, at his age, is just as good as putting him in the shop window, ala Ranger. Somebody will take into account his lack of 1st team opportunities, and take a gamble (lets say a couple of mill). With Ranger i don't a shite, he can take gangster persona & unprofessional attitude and piss off. I'd like this kid/Ferguson (if he can stay fit) to be handed the same opportunity previously given to the club's resident gangsta, Crip, Blood or whatever he thinks he is.

He's too close to the first team to send out on loan IMO, and he's capable in the Premier League. He will get games next season unless we sign a surprising number of good players.

Aye but with Marveux returning, Obertan also in the running and the possibility of new signings coming in he won't get as much game time as he should at his age to help his development. Better to sacrifice him for a season and let him improve as a footballer than him being one of them players who's kept in the reserves and only called upon if we're really in the shit.