NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As long as we treat the game properly and give Stoke a bit of respect (ie don't take them lightly) but get after them from the start we'll be okay.

If we play like we did in the 1st half against Blackpool and just expect them to roll over then we'll be in trouble.

As long as we treat the game properly and give Stoke a bit of respect (ie don't take them lightly) but get after them from the start we'll be okay.

If we play like we did in the 1st half against Blackpool and just expect them to roll over then we'll be in trouble.

Hoping we've learned that lesson from Blackpool.

Although actually we could easily have got a result in that game.

got a feeling delap will play for them (pulis will be thinking "inexperienced keeper who looks like he comes for everything") so i'd be wondering if there is anyway of bringing the advertising hoardings in a bit and also have someone run and jump at him so it hits them or he has to at least alter the trajectory of the throw (saw it done a while back with the bloke at tranmere and it worked, the throws were more wayward and din't have nearly as much pace on. overall though i'd be quite pleased to have delap play as he's a liability when the ball isn't in his hands.)

can see the same starting 11 as everton. (with krul for harper obviously)

got a feeling delap will play for them (pulis will be thinking "inexperienced keeper who looks like he comes for everything") so i'd be wondering if there is anyway of bringing the advertising hoardings in a bit and also have someone run and jump at him so it hits them or he has to at least alter the trajectory of the throw (so it done a while back with the bloke at tranmere and it worked, the throws were more wayward and din't have nearly as much pace on. overall though i'd be quite pleased to have delap play as he's a liability when the ball isn't in his hands.

can see the same starting 11 as everton. (with krul for harper obviously)

i just wish the refs would play to the rules of throw ins (5-7secs??) when we played them at home last time he was taking a good 15-20seconds each time.

Would like to see

Krul

Perch    Colo   Wiliamson  Jose

Tiote

Barton

Routledge                       Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

agreed, potentially our strongest line up,

and one which would have comfortably beaten a poor Blackpool two weeks ago leaving us in the top 4.

This.

Ithink many of us would like to see Ben Arfa in a free role having to drop back into midfield to help out when we don't have the ball and looking to break forward when we do. He has undoubted quality attacking, but not sure yet if he can defend when required to (Ginola and Robert coulden't either). CH will hopefully install his hard work ethic into him.

Being Realistic though would be shocked if CH didn't pick Nolan and its understandable as Nolan has been a huge part of geting us where we are now. So that means dropping one of Jonas or Routledge if HBA is to start. I'd normally say drop Routledge but thought he was particularly impressive against Everton a real constant thorn in their side and helped push them back.

The lads from last night did us proud and many are now knocking on the door, particularly Shola. Was impressed with ferguson last night too. Taylor is trying his heart out too and keeps scoring amazing goals despite limited starts

Its good to be a Toon fan right now things are certainly looking up. Well done CH!

A win on Sunday would cap things off nicely.....before our Man city away trip.

Guest Roger Kint

Does anybody know a good place to watch that game in Amsterdam, as I will be there over the weekend?!?

There's a Pub in the Red Light district called Old Wembley (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=15177038976658526899&q=Caf%C3%A9+Old+Wembley,+Amsterdam,+Nederland&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=1gmbTPSNEI_VjAey6omnAw&sig2=n1b_eHpbjfFLMvGphSRqZA), they have Sky. Or you could try the Sports Bar just outside the Red Light District (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=3273209814951599961&q=The+Globe&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=fwqbTMv1O8O3jAeS3InpDw&sig2=70Ut34x_2MqJcmP8L05AJg)

The sports bar(if it the one with girls dancing on the bar just down from McDonalds) is very expensive and pretty crap imo. Vaguely remember the other one as being canny as is the one just inside the Red Light area as you walk in from the Station

Ben Arfa looked like he was roaming a lot, in spite of being down the left hand-side. I'm kinda aching to see what he's like through the middle but the whole set-up was spot on at Everton. Having Jonas as an impact sub is always going to be a useful thing to have, too.

I'd just keep it the same tbh. The midfield triumverate dominated Everton on their own patch; we finally appear capable of doing stuff like that in this league... it's important to maintain a bit of continuity imo.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Does anybody know a good place to watch that game in Amsterdam, as I will be there over the weekend?!?

There's a Pub in the Red Light district called Old Wembley (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=15177038976658526899&q=Caf%C3%A9+Old+Wembley,+Amsterdam,+Nederland&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=1gmbTPSNEI_VjAey6omnAw&sig2=n1b_eHpbjfFLMvGphSRqZA), they have Sky. Or you could try the Sports Bar just outside the Red Light District (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=3273209814951599961&q=The+Globe&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=fwqbTMv1O8O3jAeS3InpDw&sig2=70Ut34x_2MqJcmP8L05AJg)

The sports bar(if it the one with girls dancing on the bar just down from McDonalds) is very expensive and pretty crap imo. Vaguely remember the other one as being canny as is the one just inside the Red Light area as you walk in from the Station

Nah the Sports Bar is a dingy cheap place with a Scottish barman, and a burly Dutch Chef. It was alreet, but the screens aren't the best.

Has to be:

Krul

Perch    Williamson  Coloccini    Enrique

Tiote

Barton

Routledge                                Ben Arfa

Nolan

Carroll

The only possible change to that would be Routledge for Jonas but i don't think Hughton willl change a winning team (apart from cups).

This will be a very tight game and really could go either way but hopefully we will nick it.

Heart- 2-0

Head- 2-2

Has to be:

Krul

Perch    Williamson   Coloccini     Enrique

Tiote

Barton

Nolan

Carroll

The only possible change to that would be Routledge for Jonas but i don't think Hughton willl change a winning team (apart from cups).

This will be a very tight game and really could go either way but hopefully we will nick it.

Heart- 2-0

Head- 2-2

Perch is suspended man  ;D

Raylor is going to play, other than that i agree!

Has to be:

Krul

Tiote

Barton

Nolan

Carroll

Heart- 2-0

Head- 2-2

Oooh no he isn't  ;D

Guest Roger Kint

Nah the Sports Bar is a dingy cheap place with a Scottish barman, and a burly Dutch Chef. It was alreet, but the screens aren't the best.

I think i know where you mean now, i wasnt in the best of states by the time i was around that way haha

Has to be:

Krul

Tiote

Barton

Nolan

Carroll

Heart- 2-0

Head- 2-2

Oooh no he isn't  ;D

Oooh yes he...... yeah he isn't suspended.  Suspended for last night's game, as mentioned for the billionth time.