Come on guys - we can raise the £250 plus VAT for the fixture list license!

Guest pricedoutoftoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This would be a recurring cost as well, people should remember. It's not a one-off license. It needs renewing every season. (I know PooT popped this in his opening line, but a lot of the discussion seems to disregard the fact.)

I would like to be able to discuss fixtures here as well, being perfectly honest, but as others have pointed out any money I have put into the site/will put into the site goes towards the cost of keeping it going. Which absolutely has to be the priority. £250 pays for a good few months of hosting.

It's a nice idea like.

wow didn't realize cost of hosting was that expensive. Anyway fair point Rich, I'm willing to contribute my fair share fr hosting too whenever you guys need it that is. I can't speak for others but for me the two are not mutually exclusive.

I guess if this goes ahead we'll see a thread where a bunch of kids list their predictions all in one go for every match between now and the end of the season.

:facepalm:

Exactly. I don't care if, say, Pilko thinks we will beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-0 in season 2011/2012. Not that it wouldn't be a nice thing to have freedom of, but it doesn't seem worth the £300+ quid each year.

I guess if this goes ahead we'll see a thread where a bunch of kids list their predictions all in one go for every match between now and the end of the season.

Exactly. I don't care if, say, Pilko thinks we will beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-0 in season 2011/2012. Not that it wouldn't be a nice thing to have freedom of, but it doesn't seem worth the £300+ quid each year.

Ya for me it's actually the freedom to discuss what we want that matters, not necessarily the constant use. Plus we will be unique as I imagine we will be one of the few forums around that would have such freedom.

Ya for me it's actually the freedom to discuss what we want that matters, not necessarily the constant use. Plus we will be unique as I imagine we will be one of the few forums around that would have such freedom.

So we'll get loads of fans from other clubs wanting to post their fixture lists too. Only they can't.

So we'll get loads of fans from other clubs wanting to post their fixture lists too. Only they can't.

Another good point, if this went through we can only post our fixtures. Which would mean even more hassle for the mods as instead of just <snipping> out fixtures, they now have to see the difference between the fixtures posted to make sure it's ours.

Well, I am not interested in this but if you are, set up a paypal account for donations, if you dont get enough either give it back or put it into the server.

Ya I'm cool with that, if we don't get enough it can go to the server, Bobby's charity or any other cause the admins think is worthwhile

Well, I am not interested in this but if you are, set up a paypal account for donations, if you dont get enough either give it back or put it into the server.

Ya I'm cool with that, if we don't get enough it can go to the server, Bobby's charity or any other cause the admins think is worthwhile

Suppose if the admin are ok and everyone clearly says their donation is for this then why not use the sites current paypal account, that way people will have more trust and if they dont get enough it can roll onto next years server bill or like you said a charitable donation.

Up to the admin I suppose.

Another good point, if this went through we can only post our fixtures. Which would mean even more hassle for the mods as instead of just <snipping> out fixtures, they now have to see the difference between the fixtures posted to make sure it's ours.

Gosh you're seriously arguing for the sake of it. Even if in the unlikely possibility that other fans come to the forum in droves to talk about their fixture, how difficult is it gonna be. If the word Newcastle appears, don't snip. If the world Newcastle does not appear, then snip...quite simple really.

Suppose if the admin are ok and everyone clearly says their donation is for this then why not use the sites current paypal account, that way people will have more trust and if they dont get enough it can roll onto next years server bill or like you said a charitable donation.

Up to the admin I suppose.

Since Dave said the total cost will be 300++, ideally I wanna wait till we get around 28-30 yes votes so that there is a realistic chance of this going through. Also SEMTEX should probably get back to us (assuming admin agrees) since it was his idea and I haven't the slightest clue how to go about buying the license.

Those who aren't interested are being very adamant about it by repeatedly posting their dislike for the idea. Which is fine. But when members here talk about sabotaging it, if it goes ahead, then there really is no point.

Nobody would have been looking for kudos, ownership or any other sort of thanks. It would have likely been anonymous anywho :)

Let's just let it die and put it down to..."meh!"

Have to say, I think it was worth you asking. It seemed a reasonable suggestion to me, though I am not to fussed about discussing fixtures too far ahead personally.

What has surprised me is the reaction. I can't decide whether it's because you're not one of the accepted elite or there is just a hell of a lot more whiny bitches on here then I realised.

All you've done is said "I've had an idea, is anybody interested? :)". Thought that's what a forum was about?

Those who aren't interested are being very adamant about it by repeatedly posting their dislike for the idea. Which is fine. But when members here talk about sabotaging it, if it goes ahead, then there really is no point.

Nobody would have been looking for kudos, ownership or any other sort of thanks. It would have likely been anonymous anywho :)

who has said anything about sabotaging it mate?

Have to say, I think it was worth you asking. It seemed a reasonable suggestion to me, though I am not to fussed about discussing fixtures too far ahead personally.

What has surprised me is the reaction. I can't decide whether it's because you're not one of the accepted elite or there is just a hell of a lot more whiny bitches on here then I realised.

All you've done is said "I've had an idea, is anybody interested? :)". Thought that's what a forum was about?

Shit ideas are shit no matter if the person pitching them have 100 000 posts or just 1.

I said in my first post I was open to hearing what good would come out of this to change my mind, all I've been told is "if I don't like it I don't need to say anything".  :nope:

s*** ideas are s*** no matter if the person pitching them have 100 000 posts or just 1.

He was only offering to contribute something to the forum. It's not like he was asking you to get frisky with a fish or something.  :razz: