Fresh call for alcohol glass ban

Decky

Should alcohol be served in plastic containers instead of glass?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should alcohol be served in plastic containers instead of glass?

• Yes
    • No

Seen a bit on this on BBC Breakfast. There are people campaigning for glasses to be banned. I think its ridiculous, the glass isnt the problem, its the scumbags and policies in places like night clubs. Maybe everything should be plastic in night clubs including things like bottles, but what about pubs? Pints in plastic containers are horrible, I would hate to see this implemented in places like pubs, although tbf I doubt it ever will. Thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11392685

Ahh the do gooders out in force again....I wonder what the ratio of glassings are compared to to actual glasses used for drinking are.

Like decky says its the nutters themselves who are the problem.    If you give a plastic glass they'll find something else, a chair?

Then we will have a lobby group to ban chairs.

Where does it stop.

Guest elbee909

Alcohol is bad. They should ban it entirely. Whether it is from a glass or a plastic container, it doesnt matter.

Doesn't work, never has, never will.

Alcohol is bad. They should ban it entirely. Whether it is from a glass or a plastic container, it doesnt matter.

Yeah, because Prohibition worked really well in the US didn't it.

If you ban alcohol all that will happen is the criminals will have something else to hawk for inflated prices.

Won't really solve anything, arseholes will still be arseholes. Most pubs I've been to do it after 11:30 anyway, and most clubs do all night which is annoying enough as it is. We can't keep trying to make this perfect 110% safety bubble for everything we do, we're always trying to ban something these days. It's really quite boring.

Yeah, because Prohibition worked really well in the US didn't it.

If you ban alcohol all that will happen is the criminals will have something else to hawk for inflated prices.

That is why some people think legalising some drugs will be effective regarding the criminals/gang point of view.