Comic Books/Movies/TV

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just got back from seeing Deadpool 2.

Yeah, the mid credit scene is really that good. Film in general is also really good. Two completely different films, but I enjoyed it more than Infinity War.

Enjoyed Deadpool 2, maybe not as laugh out loud funny as the first but still had its moments.

When he's in the X Mansion complaining about the lack of other X-Men again and then that shot them all behind him with Beast quietly closing the door :lol:

Credits scene where he goes back and kills the shitty X-Men Origins : Wolverine version of himself had me in tears :lol:

Fucking Juggernaut! love how these movies keep coming up with better screen versions of X-Men characters than the actual X-Men films. Vinnie Jones ffs :lol:

Gotham: No Mans Land

:sweetjesus:

Gotham is by far the best comic book to live action adaption.

[emoji38] My inner disgraceful weeaboo wants to pick a fight, here.

Have you even watched Gotham (after the disgraceful first 18 episodes of season one)? :lol: It goes full cartoon, but live action. It's bonkers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching Gotham last week and finished Season 1 - damn, it's been AMAZING. It starts off a bit slow and unsure of itself, and at times it feels like it treading water being a cop show. There's perhaps a little too much setting up going on, but then it suddenly changes gears and is away. I REALLY like how this is centred around everyone other than Batman, the growth of The Penguin, the war between the Mafia families, and all the little nod and winks to other Batman villains is wonderful too.

I sort of wish I didn't know about a certain character, but the one episode he's been in so far is great.

Also Cockney Lad Alfred is the best.  :lol:

Just started watching Gotham last week and finished Season 1 - damn, it's been AMAZING. It starts off a bit slow and unsure of itself, and at times it feels like it treading water being a cop show. There's perhaps a little too much setting up going on, but then it suddenly changes gears and is away. I REALLY like how this is centred around everyone other than Batman, the growth of The Penguin, the war between the Mafia families, and all the little nod and winks to other Batman villains is wonderful too.

I sort of wish I didn't know about a certain character, but the one episode he's been in so far is great.

Also Cockney Lad Alfred is the best.  [emoji38]

It gets stronger as it goes it's a bit shaky early doors then just goes balls to the wall crazy in a good way.

It gets stronger as it goes it's a bit shaky early doors then just goes balls to the wall crazy in a good way.

From set design, art direction, character design, hair & make-up and cinematography... it’s really just a live-action comic book.

I'm on the newest series and there's an arc with a character that I've never seen done live action and it's great really well done. On my phone so can't spoiler but Kaiz will know who I mean. The film side of DC need to get their shot together and embrace the comic books rather than be embarrassed by them.

I'm on the newest series and there's an arc with a character that I've never seen done live action and it's great really well done. On my phone so can't spoiler but Kaiz will know who I mean. The film side of DC need to get their shot together and embrace the comic books rather than be embarrassed by them.

Pyg, I reckon?

But yeah, Gotham is really showing the Films up when it comes to how to do DC in live-action. All about embracing the madness and campness of the comics rather than being afraid of them.

Pyg, I reckon?

Aye they have done him brilliantly. Not finished yet but amazed they have pulled him off as a character so to speak.

From set design, art direction, character design, hair & make-up and cinematography... it’s really just a live-action comic book.

That's useful with it being a live-action comic book TV show.

Pyg, I reckon?

Aye they have done him brilliantly. Not finished yet but amazed they have pulled him off as a character so to speak.

Meat pie tango?

That's useful with it being a live-action comic book TV show.

:lol:

You know what I mean.

Aye, I was just being my usual massive bellend self.  :lol:

Season 1 stuff

Seeing how Penguin develops has been great, the weasle antics he gets up to as he works his way up the power ladder. Riddler's moments on the screen are great too, his little 'green with envy' motif very coy. There's just so many little bits that make you go 'ahhhhhh yeah', but never feels entirely shoe-horned in. I thought Alfred's old SAS mate was going to be Ra Al-Ghul at first, simply due to his stupid accent. 

I have been thinking about Infinity War, I think that the Infinity Stones are just pure manifestations of the fundamental laws of the universe, however because these are laws of the universe it means that others can replicate the powers of the stones without needing the stones. This will be Thanos biggest oversight.

Stark’s suits are ultimately derived from POWER

The Sorcerers have learned how to manipulate the fabric of REALITY

The Bifrost allows transportation through SPACE

The Wakandans got close to saving Vision by redeveloping his MIND

Pym’s work in the Quantum Realm opens the door to TIME travel

Because we don’t yet know much about the soul stone it is hard to put a pin on, but the Serum used on Cap, Red Skull, Hulk created super manifestations of each person’s inner soul.

By breaking the gauntlet the Avengers as a team should be able to use science to defeat Thanos, it is why Stark had to live.

• 2 weeks later...