Fernando Ricksen rumoured?

Guest GLENEAGLE

Guest GLENEAGLE

Sky Sports:

Newcastle United are ready to compete for the signature of Fernando Ricksen.

The Dutch international has been on a season-long loan at Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg after he fell out with Rangers coach Paul Le Guen.

Ricksen has already stated he would like to remain in Russia where he has again flourished under the tutelage of Dick Advocaat.

However, his performances have not gone unnoticed and a number of Premiership clubs have been taking a close look.

Now Russian sources are stating that Newcastle are ready to make a move.

It is also claimed that Ricksen has spoken with former Gers team-mate Craig Moore about Newcastle and he has received a glowing recommendation.

Zenit, though, are determined to keep Ricksen.

"We got an agreement in principle that Glasgow will sell us Fernando," stated Konstantin Sarsaniya, Zenit's director of sport.

Le Guen says that Ricksen's future is in his own hands.

"It depends on what Fernando wants to do," said the Rangers chief.

"There is a possibility he can stay in Russia but I will probably have a chat with him soon to consider his position."

With the Russian season all but finished Ricksen will be due to return to Scotland next month - at which point Newcastle could look to strike a deal, if Zenit have not already finalised an agreement.

Can play right back or right mf...Defensive mf type who can get forward. Goodish player actually. Might be the end of Carr hopefully.

Can't defend for shit tbf to the lad. I'd be unimpressed to th max if we got this dirty bassad

blueeek.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Ricksen

he will fit right in.

Worse than Carr, you would think adding competition would be the best way to see Carr improve, but he isnt even good enough for that.

That said he is apparently playing well for St.Petersburg.. ewww.  :happy:

...."rumours about excessive alcohol consumption".  Oh deary deary me  bluesigh.gif

Rangers got rid due to behavioural problems . Has spent time in alcohol rehab. But the main reason I don't want him here is that he is useless at defending, gets wound up to easily and if that is what we are going for then the sooner Roeder f*cks off the better. We are still heading for relegation if Roeder stays and this is exactly the poor quality player he can attract.