Villa and Everton.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest neesy111

I see your point, but it is a little kneejerk.  But I'm getting worried with Hughton @ home in regards to tactics and subs.

I think we need a :kneejerk: smiley as well.

In contrast i'd say we met Stoke and Blackpool at 'the wrong time'... :lol:

Yesterday excluded we havn't played poorly at all this season, regardless of the opposision, we've created chances and largely been the better side in pretty much every game bar Man U.

Now i'm not expecting miracles, but I think we've showed enough to suggest we can definatly stay up fairly comfortably, which would be a good season to be honest.

Guest neesy111

Yesterday excluded we havn't played poorly at all this season, regardless of the opposision, we've created chances and largely been the better side in pretty much every game bar Man U.

Now i'm not expecting miracles, but I think we've showed enough to suggest we can definatly stay up fairly comfortably, which would be a good season to be honest.

That is what worries me, we should be on at least 4 more points than the 7 we are on now.  What happens when we have a run of 5-6 games when we don't create many chances etc.  Blackpool and West Brom are exploiting the chances they've been given, we in our last 2 home games are not.

Guest neesy111

I can see a pattern going on here, when we win we are going to europe and when we lose all hell breaks lose and the club is destined for relegation.

I think we are gonna end up between those two theories and be mid-table

I haven't heard anyone on here say we are going to be in europe next season, I think that's a kneejerk reaction on your behalf.

That is what worries me, we should be on at least 4 more points than the 7 we are on now.  What happens when we have a run of 5-6 games when we don't create many chances etc.  Blackpool and West Brom are exploiting the chances they've been given, we in our last 2 home games are not.

If Blackpool have been exploiting their chances as opposed to us not why are we above them in the league table?

People need to be realistic, yes we've had a couple of unexpected wins and good performances againsts Villa and Everton and as a result people are getting ahead of themselves. We are a newly promoted team, yesterday we got beat by an established midtable Premier League club, this will happen as a newly promoted team.

ffs this shit annoys me. Cant wait to see the 180 all the kneejerkers make if we beat city this week. A couple of home losses early in the season doesnt mean we are in the shit and are going to get relegated, have some fucking faith.

Guest neesy111

ffs this shit annoys me. Cant wait to see the 180 all the kneejerkers make if we beat city this week. A couple of home losses early in the season doesnt mean we are in the shit and are going to get relegated, have some fucking faith.

People are more concerned by the fact we are not getting results against our rivals for relegation.  While a win is a win which gives you 3 points, beating someone you expect to be in the mix (down at the bottom end of the table) to me means you won't have regrets at the end of the season by thinking if only we had only got a result in that game etc. 

An example would be imagine if we had got a point v Hull (08/09) instead against ManUSA, it would of kept us up.

An example would be imagine if we had got a point v Hull (08/09) instead against ManUSA, it would of kept us up.

True, but the logic is flawed. You could equally say that if we had won against a team in mid table we would have survived.

The only reason why should be trying more for wins against the bottom clubs is that they are easier to get. Otherwise every game is equal IMO.

Guest neesy111

Crumpy's patter is tedious as hell. Don't know why people give him the time of day. The blokes just an attention seeker.

Like me then :lol:

We met them just at the right time and has put off this season being the disaster many thought it would be.

I bet my mate a daft tenner Hughton doesn't see New Years Day as Toon manager. I think I'll be collecting.

Our current squad is still fit and able to maintain Premiership status w/CH at the helm

Stoke have been on a good run as of late, K.Jones was a great buy for them and showed it in the 2nd half

The Blackpool game was poor, their Keeper had one of those days and it was the beginning of the end for Alan Smith (THANK GOD)

The team needs to be more clinical with their finishing (Perch as a sub), Ben Arfa needs to move into the hole behind Carroll w/Nolan to the bench, Jonas & Enrique on the left

Stoke have been on a good run as of late.

:kinnear:

Since their 2-0 lose to Chelsea at the Bridge they've beat Villa & Fulham, drew with West Ham, some good performances especially from K.Jones

I wouldn't call a win and a draw in the league and a win in the League Cup a good run tbh, a few decent results but nothing more.