NUFC On SKY / ESPN /SETANTA

Crumpy Gunt

Can't be short of 50% of our games shown live over this and the last two seasons? Eight in a row a couple of seasons ago. 9 this season up to November 7th this.

What are peoples thoughts as to why NUFC seem to attract live games far more than their actual performances would suggest they should?

Does anyone have any facts as to which Clubs get the most airtime for live LEAGUE games? I'd expect Man U to top the list but Chelsea and Arsenal can't be on more than us?

Football matters more in this part of the country so it stands to reason that SKY/ESPN will broadcast our games in the hope we will sign up to their packages. Add to that we are a high profile club with a big fan base. If you had a choice of showing a Newcastle game or a Blackburn one what would you do?

Guest Roger Kint

The free on sky had an effect on Sunday 41,915 is s*** really but nailed on loads stayed in as it was free on TV.

As if peole didnt go due to Sky being free man, it was only 1600 less than the Villa game, Stoke didnt bring many up and other than the big games i think 42/43k is going to be about the average for us.

The free on sky had an effect on Sunday 41,915 is s*** really but nailed on loads stayed in as it was free on TV.

As if peole didnt go due to Sky being free man, it was only 1600 less than the Villa game, Stoke didnt bring many up and other than the big games i think 42/43k is going to be about the average for us.

aye but we had just beat everton and chelski and the home game against blackpool brough it 49k if i remember correctly? im fairly sure it had an affect.

Guest Roger Kint

aye but we had just beat everton and chelski and the home game against blackpool brough it 49k if i remember correctly? im fairly sure it had an affect.

Blackpool got 49k because we had just twatted Villa for 6 and people expected a repeat. Simple as that really. Quite why anyone would stay in and watch a game because its free is totally beyond me. Thats what pubs are for surely?

Blackpool got 49k because we had just twatted Villa for 6 and people expected a repeat. Simple as that really. Quite why anyone would stay in and watch a game because its free is totally beyond me. Thats what pubs are for surely?

It was also a Saturday 3PM kick off and Blackpool brought nearly 3 times as many fans as Stoke.