How domesticated are you?

catmag

As this forum male dominated I just wondered how many of you can cut it at the housework? Do you have certain jobs that you do better than others and are there things you just 'can't' (won't ;)) do? If you still live at home does your mam make you do your own washing and ironing? Are you OCD about having a clean and tidy living space or are you all slobs? :D

I do all the dishes.

I do all the hoovering

I do none of the ironing coz I CANT right!

I do 35% of the cooking

I do 60% of the tidying up

I do 65% of the gardening

I do all of the big jobs, like fitting new doors or locks.

She does the decorating though.

And she bleaches everything...i mean everything.  :angry:

I live with my lass and I do as little as possible but I am generally a lot more tidy than her.

Dishwasher does the dishes.

She does most the cooking unless its something fancy then I do it.

She does the making the beds/washing the clothes as I find it boring, I assume she likes doing it.

Get someone in to do DIY (from the estate agent as we're renting)

I can count the number of items I have ironed in my life on one hand.

When I lived with my parents I did verging on nowt.

I am horrifically lazy though. Reckon if I lived on my own I'd be alreet in getting stuff done but never when I can coerce someone else into doing it for me.

I do 88% of the dishes.

I do all the hoovering

I do none of the ironing coz I CANT right!

I do 2% of the cooking

I do 40% of the tidying up

I do 25% of the gardening

I do all of the big jobs, like fitting new doors or locks & killing scary bugs + garden pests/vermin.

She does the decorating though.

I do all my own laundry unless it's something she thinks i'll let get wrinkled.

borrowed TT's list.  thank you sir!  :icon_salut:

I can't help but wonder if this information we are handing over will be used against poor midds when he's chilling  :lol:

Don't know what you mean!!  :kasper:

He's pretty good at doing the things he's asked to do actually, but if I just left it to his initiative then nothing would get done. He always cleans the bathroom which is one of my most hated jobs. He's not so great at multi-tasking so if he's at work I'll have the bairn all day and I'll do the housework and washing, but if he's looking after the bairn then he just looks after the bairn :lol:

To be fair he's an amazing daddy :aww:

I hate being prompted, then again not much would get done if i didn't, though then again when i do something that isn't prompted it isn't noticed and then when it gets brought up that I haven't done something she has prompted, the none prompted thing is forgotten about! Why bother? :laugh:

I'm not married so I mostly either do it myself, or else it doesn't get done. I have a guy who rents my spare room and part of his deal is that he's supposed to clean the common areas of the apartment -- kitchen, bathroom, hallway -- but he's not very good at it. I'm thinking of hoying him oot and getting a proper cleaner

I really like cooking and do all the food shopping (used to split this with my lodger but he wanted to spend much less money on food than I do -- the fucker lives on pasta and tinned stew) and wash up after myself.

I draw the line at ironing and pay for my shirts to be cleaned and pressed.

haven't seen my carpet in two years. The loft railing has a wall of mt dew code red cans 5 cans high and about 35 wide. there's flies. sometimes I buy loaves of bread and put them in odd cabinets and forget about them until I open the cabinet four months later and that smell hits me. toilet, tub and sink are clean though, can't stand a messy bathroom. towel always put on the rack etc.

I do pretty much everything except for cooking and cleaning the bathroom.

Oh I do the ironing, but not the missus's.  There's too many folds and other weird things in woman's clothing that cause too much trouble.

I'm a very domesticated person. Not obsessed with cleaning, but I'll generally tidy as I go or the day after. I fucking hate it when I can't find things or things aren't clean to use and generally living in squalor, which is pretty much unavoidable living with my bird who is an absolute fucking disgrace to be honest. i do everything from cleaning the toilet, floors, hoovering, dishes, kitchen etc etc etc, If I didn't i'd lose my mind.

When you get a messy bird they are fucking bad, like!

Himself:

Usually vacuums because I don't like it, but only when I tell him it needs doing as he would never realise this for himself

Occasionally does the dishes but probably only 10% of the time, and will dry dishes if I start washing them but will always moan and suggest we do them "later" (I'm yet to find out when is actually a good time)

Never cleans the bathroom/kitchen or will wait until I'm about 3 minutes away from being finished then say "Oh I didn't realise you were doing that, want a hand?" then watches my blood pressure increase with rage

Helps hang the washing up but would never put a load in

We do our own food shopping, cooking & ironing

To be perfectly honest II don't mind taking the lead and he will help if asked but just once or twice it'd be nice for him to start cleaning without being asked rather than putting a face on because he wants to play on the PS3. Because of course I *love* spending weekends/evenings doing housework.

Himself:

Usually vacuums because I don't like it, but only when I tell him it needs doing as he would never realise this for himself

Occasionally does the dishes but probably only 10% of the time, and will dry dishes if I start washing them but will always moan and suggest we do them "later" (I'm yet to find out when is actually a good time)

Never cleans the bathroom/kitchen or will wait until I'm about 3 minutes away from being finished then say "Oh I didn't realise you were doing that, want a hand?" then watches my blood pressure increase with rage

Helps hang the washing up but would never put a load in

We do our own food shopping, cooking & ironing

To be perfectly honest II don't mind taking the lead and he will help if asked but just once or twice it'd be nice for him to start cleaning without being asked rather than putting a face on because he wants to play on the PS3. Because of course I *love* spending weekends/evenings doing housework.

I use that a lot like.