Gamesmanship - A hypothetical question...

Fugazi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, it's the FA Cup final (or league cup final, if you want to be more realistic), and Gutierriez is under pressure in the box and takes a blatant dive to win us a pen & the match.

After the euphoria has died down, and you look back on the match, would the dive bother you? Or is simply winning (by any means necessary) the most important thing? Also, would it change your opinion on other players diving?

Nah, I would feel ashamed if we won it like that, and it would spoil the whole enjoyment of the victory.

I realise most people might not feel like that, but I honestly wouldn't want to win that way. To answer the question, there wouldn't be any euphoria.

So, it's the FA Cup final (or league cup final, if you want to be more realistic), and Gutierriez is under pressure in the box and takes a blatant dive to win us a pen & the match.

After the euphoria has died down, and you look back on the match, would the dive bother you? Or is simply winning (by any means necessary) the most important thing? Also, would it change your opinion on other players diving?

Does "under pressure" mean there are bodies all over him and he is actually being fined, but that the ref won't give anything unless he hits the deck?

Does "under pressure" mean there are bodies all over him and he is actually being fined, but that the ref won't give anything unless he hits the deck?

No contact to make him fall.

No contact to make him fall.

Yeah, it'd spoil it then.

I can't wait to see the disapproving Newcastle fans sit there silently whilst Nolan tucks away the pen that wins them the FA Cup.

"Hmm. Still doesn't work in a 4-4-2 though does he?"

I can't wait to see the disapproving Newcastle fans sit there silently whilst Nolan tucks away the pen that wins them the FA Cup.

I would sit with my arms crossed thinking "disgrace"

I can sit comfy cos we'll never be in that position, not in my lifetime anyway and not with Nolan in the team.

I can honestly say I wouldn't celebrate if it was from a blatant dive. Nothing to do with it being Nolan, that wasn't the question.

I can honestly say I wouldn't celebrate if it was from a blatant dive. Nothing to do with it being Nolan, that wasn't the question.

Well I wasn't really saying Nolan for any other reason that he took our last pen ???

But aye, I just hope one day something along these lines happen. We'll see.

"After the euphoria has died down, and you look back on the match, would the dive bother you?"

I was talking more about after the match rather than at the actual moment of the dive. I think at the time I'd be more caught up in the emotionof it all.