Newcastle United v Wigan Pre-Match Thread - 16/10/10, 3.00 PM

The Prophet

N'Zogbia plays on the right for Wigan doesn't he? Or centrally

If Martinez has any sense, and if he has watched re-runs of our last few games, he'll play him on the left against us.

I reckon N'Zogbia would tear Perch a new hole

Is simpson back for this? I must admit, 4411 is a piece of shit with nolan playing. I'd like to see 442, with:

Simp colo sol enrique

Rout bart tiote jonas

......Carrol ranger..

I'm assuming lovenkrands has dropped in favour, and ranger offers more mobility than shola.

Wigan will be fit and pacy, moving the ball slickly all over the pitch which is the first thing you have to match in this league.

Sadly Shola showed last Sunday that despite a reasonable touch and strength, pace isnt ever going to be there against the top defenders.

Rangers pace, and athletisism should be getting him game time now certainly ahead of Nolan up front who also patently cannot keep up with the pace of top flight football.

So are Simpson/Guthrie back in contention for this?

Simpson played for 75 mins and Guthrie played the full game in todays reserve game and they  now have another  2 weeks training and another reserve game, away at Blackpool on the 13th before we are due to play Wigan so as long as they don't suffer any setbacks i think they will be both in contention for the Wigan game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So are Simpson/Guthrie back in contention for this?

Simpson played for 75 mins and Guthrie played the full game in todays reserve game and they  now have another  2 weeks training and another reserve game, away at Blackpool on the 13th before we are due to play Wigan so as long as they don't suffer any setbacks i think they will be both in contention for the Wigan game.

:thup:

Guest north shields lad

This is te type of match we must win, i think its a home banker. We can not possibly batter yet another team at home and lose.

Krul

Perch Sol Colo/Will  Jose

Raylor  Barton  Tiote    Jonas

Routledge  Caroll

I'd see what rout can do playing off carroll since we have no other decent striking options. Put Raylor wide right so he can put in some good deliveries-

Guest neesy111

Must win game, simple as.  Would prefer Nolan to be dropped for 2 men upfront with Guthrie coming back in for him, but know it's very unlikely to happen.

Must win game, simple as.  Would prefer Nolan to be dropped for 2 men upfront with Guthrie coming back in for him, but know it's very unlikely to happen.

Guthrie for who? Barton or Tiote?

I would like to see:

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Enrique

Routledge - Barton -Tiote - Jonas

Carroll - Lovenkrands