The Bottom Three And NUFC

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest black n white

don't be silly, have more faith, we are easily better than the likes of West Ham, West Brom, Wolves, B'ham, S'land, Blackpool (ok yes we didn't beat them but we're still better!) ect.

Guest Roger Kint

don't be silly, have more faith, we are easily better than the likes of West Ham, West Brom, Wolves, B'ham, S'land, Blackpool (ok yes we didn't beat them but we're still better!) ect.

What has that got to do with what is being asked?

Guest black n white

basically that we wont drop into the last three, because imo there are teams that are worse than us

Guest Roger Kint

basically that we wont drop into the last three, because imo there are teams that are worse than us

So you dont understand the question in other words.

Guest black n white

no i understand the question, and i answered it. i don't think well drop into the relegation because i believe there are teams that will fall into it instead of us

Guest Roger Kint

no i understand the question, and i answered it. i don't think well drop into the relegation because i believe there are teams that will fall into it instead of us

However silly the thread is, to say we wont go in the bottom 3 at any point soon as we are better than other teams is just daft. Are you aware that of the 5 teams below us, 4 play each other next game? If both games are won anything less than a win for us v Wigan leaves us almost in the bottom 3 with a trip to West Ham next. Care to show me where your theory on how good we are compared to other clubs kicks in then? You really sure you understand the question as you seem to think its based on our final position?

When I look at the league I see Blackpool playing way above their ability on paper and will see these good results drop off once we get to November and they are playing the likes of Blackburn, Stoke, Sunderland in succession rather than the big 4 (where they raise their game).

West Brom too are having a great early season charge, but again I think they are above their real level.

Wigan and West Ham will have very few long runs of wins or defeats and as such will bounce aroud the bottom 4 or 5 places.

Liverpool have to recover (don' they?), Everton will.

The rest are much of a muchness.

The question is where are we? Are we the 6-0 victors over the Villains, the 2-0 pussy whipped Blackpool boys or somewhere inbetween?

I see us playing like we did against Man City and Everton in most of our away games and will end up picking up a lot more points on the road than anyone would have thought in the summer. We need a good home victory soon (i.e. the next game) to settle down the home crowd/nerves, and then I think we will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

At least we showed some character. Not easy coming back from 2-0 down. Might turn out to be one of the most important points of the season, if we'd lost three at home on the bounce it would not have looked good.