Norman Wisdom

GM

I thought he was a Mag, to be honest. Seem to remember telling of developing a liking for us during the 50's (and the FA Cup wins) I also remember him coming onto the pitch at HT when we played Man United at home, back in 87 (the game where Paul Goddard scored the winner)

True comic legend and gent as well. He'll be sadly missed.

Was anyone else's first reaction "Fucking hell, he was still alive?"

National day of mourning in Albania?  Or is it going to be a Castro/Kim Jong Il situation where there's a news blackout and they hire a lookalike?

Guest Howaythetoon

The story I heard was that during his army days he befriended a Geordie and they become best mates, visiting Newcastle and going to the odd game etc. with his pal hence his soft spot for the Toon. Anyway... RIP.

95's a good knock mind. Sad news.

Wasn't he at SJP when England played there?

Aye, the only England game I've been to. It was against Albania where he was a bit of a national hero. He came on at half time and walked around like an idiot on the pitch for a bit. Apparently we were gonna sign him.

95's a good knock mind. Sad news.

Wasn't he at SJP when England played there?

Aye, the only England game I've been to. It was against Albania where he was a bit of a national hero. He came on at half time and walked around like an idiot on the pitch for a bit. Apparently we were gonna sign him.

Aye, it was all going swimmingly until some knuckleheaded Dutch bastard came along and took a sledgehammer to his kneecaps.