Are all men a threat to children?

BlueStar

The public fear of pedophile's is insanely out of control. Although it's an understandable fear, the truth is that most the kids who are abused are done so at the hands of relatives and friends. Not strangers on fucking planes.

A guy on Five Live yesterday said he moved a girl out of the way of some tramlines and someone heckled him with 'get away from her you pervert'.

Fucking ludicrous hysteria about it. Very similar to the current feeling towards Muslims.

Because it would be easy to commit a sexual assault on a plane, wouldn't it!?! I mean, there's no-one about is there!?!

That's a fucking ridiculous rule and must surely be against the law, I'd have thought.

Its absolute hysteria. A very small minority of men (probably less than 1%) are a danger to children. Probably about the same number of women are a danger to children as well.

I really don't think that paedophilia or child abduction is any worse now than it was say 40 or 50 years ago, its just that people get more hysterical about it, and you hear about it more because of the internet etc. In the past, cases simply weren't as easily discovered.

Saw some tiny kid up ahead of me a few months ago toddle out of an alleyway in nothing but a nappy towards a road.  Luckily some wifey grabbed his hand and started looking around for the parents, who didn't seem to be anywhere to be seen.  My first thought was that if it'd been me standing there holding that kid that I'd just saved from ending up under a truck I'd fully expect the next thing to happen would be their negligent parent coming out to bray me with a plank for my trouble.

I'm sure someone on here had a story once where they were shouted at and they weren't sure whether they'd help in the same scenario. That or they drove past an injured child after thinking about what would be assumed by others. There was defo something.

I'm sure someone on here had a story once where they were shouted at and they weren't sure whether they'd help in the same scenario. That or they drove past an injured child after thinking about what would be assumed by others. There was defo something.

I seem to remember that being Shinton.. On about some girl who smacked her head or something. Could be wrong like. But aye it's like everything in the media these days, gets blown out of proportion and worries everyone to bits.

My nephew is some sort of senior Scout and I guy I know is involved in fund raising for the Sea Cadets  and they  reckon that its becoming impossible to even think of working with kids anymore - any allegation will lead to you being  in all the newspapers, the paperwork is horrendous and no-one wants to know

Guest Magnetic North

My nephew is some sort of senior Scout and I guy I know is involved in fund raising for the Sea Cadets and they reckon that its becoming impossible to even think of working with kids anymore - any allegation will lead to you being in all the newspapers, the paperwork is horrendous and no-one wants to know

I was at a v. busy fireworks display on bonfire night a few years ago with my wife and children. We went there with another young family and their children, whose dad is a police sergeant. As I chatted to him a distressed little girl came past who had become separated from her parents. He gave his wife the signal to approach the girl rather than approaching her himself, aware of the insinuating society we now live in, esp. where blokes are concerned.