Nufc-Online 'access granted'

Guest Geordie Boyo

Guest Geordie Boyo

I don't know if I'm alone on this, but every time I think of posting a message to do with a topic that takes interest I'm put off doing so because of the amount of silly posts within that thread.

Yeah its' me again  :p I've came back to have a moan...!  :lol: But I do have an idea that could prove to be in the board's best interest.

You might not see this as a problem because of the amount of members you have posting each day, but I'm sure once you've taken a glance over at toontastic while keeping in mind the fair few on here who can match there opinions along with the quality of banter an idea like this might come in the best interests of the board.

As a popular forum drawing in people of all kinds would it not be a good idea to have a nufc board created for those new members to share their opinions freely, while moderated, then select which members who’d make a good contribution to the original board to post there?

You could then always send those members back to that board if necessary, but I think it would be a positive idea to try out. Everyone would still be free to view that forum, but they would just have to earn the right to post there after showing they are mature enough before posting there.  I believe it would help a lot in moderating the board with a lot more ease and show 1st time viewers that this is in fact a quality highly moderated board.

Back to toontastic I go...! :p

It's a decent idea in principle, but to be honest, after a while I think it would just result in us having no new members sign up whatsoever.

At the end of the day, if you visit a forum, and you have to go through a trial period which involves posting with other new users, or users which are classified as being too "mongy" for the main board, you're ultimately just going to leave, and post on a forum which lets you post with the "better" members straight away.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Members who would be free to post on the main board could still use the newbies board so they can still mix with that lot too. Therefore they wouldn't really be isolated and put off by the idea of joining up.

All your really doing is giving them a fair trail in judgment of character before allowing them to freely post on the main board all for the good of its' reputation and quality of posts.

Guest Howaythetoon

By being a NUFC fan, you earn the right to post on here.

We can stop newbies from starting threads, where they can just post but who are we to vet fans?

Nah, it sounds all prohibitive to me although I like the idea in principle, being a snob ;)

Guest Geordie Boyo

How very dare you! A west end snob, there's a first...! bluerazz.gif

I think it all sounds a bit patriotic saying as a nufc fan you earn the right to post here, despite the fact I've never remotely said anything about stopping supporters posting on here.

I've suggested an idea that I think would improve the quality of threads on the main board. I don't see anyone really putting a pet lip on , but I suppose it depends on your character.

If your a chav, you'll take a radge...!  bluebiggrin.gif

If your prat and the type to make controversial endless threads that tend to go a bit off topic then there's a place for that.  :p

If your just a youngen still learning the game  you might say its a bit harsh to be keeping them in a forum like that for the time being. But I think they'd be quite happy with plenty of others like them posting there.   bluebiggrin.gif I'm sure you'd still have the main board members posting there too from time to time.

I just think it could possibly make the board as a whole a bit more exciting and easier to moderate as well as a great forum displaying some top posts. Doesn't really sound like a negative idea to me. If your quite happy with the way things are then good luck and happy posting.  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Well we'll be upgrading this forum soon, Phil's testing the beta version as I speak, don't worry though, there will be no downtime or massive changes to the forum itself (design wise), just a quicker database and I imagine more features. Once I have time I'll jot down every little fault with the forum and maybe write a post asking for members to submit their own ideas/wish list and we'll see if we can incorporate them. This is a very powerful forum and there are tons of add ons for it, we're using just 50% of it's capability I guess so we can do all kinds really.